Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did not start this post for everyone to thank me. It is simply a reminder of what should be remembered.

So a fast backdrop on me before I get to my post. My grandfather (who is one of two men I credit for making me the man I am) was a US Marine (RIP) I am also a US Marine. I got off active duty 5 years ago Memorial Day, the same day my grandfather died. Just thought I would share a short story.

So if your in America, thank a veteran for his/her service because as of today you are still free and freedom is not free.

Since your reading this thank a teacher.

No special clip arts or funny images here.

Granted I know this is early for Memorial Day, but I fully intend to not be anywhere near cell or internet service by tomorrow morning.

I wish you all the very best weekend. May your grills burn right and your food be perfect.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
u said it Vile. my dad is a proud Vietnam Vet and both my Grandpa's served in WWII, one in Europe and the other in the Pacific. We would not be able to burn those grills to cook that food if not for our men and women in the military.

Thank you to my family, you and your family and everyone else who has served and protected what is right and free!

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
I come from a family of service members. My father and his father before him were Navy, my older brother a Marine, my grandfather on my mother's side was Air Force, as was I.

I know you said not to thank you, but Thank You for your service, from one Veteran to another!

My ex-husband is still active Air Force, just returned from a 6 month deployment to S. Africa, and I've dated a couple of servicemen since we got divorced.

Thank you to all the Veterans who have served and continue to serve. Unfortunately, I have to work til Saturday afternoon, but I'm off on Sunday and Monday (nothing unusual for me, lol).

Reactions: Vilebeast

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From one veteran to another, I salute you.

Figured you wouldn't listen.

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
From one veteran to another, I salute you.

Figured you wouldn't listen.
:angeldevi That's right! I salute you, too, friend. I hope you enjoy your holiday weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts