Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I really want to know what is all the hooray about the quote unquote merle apbt.Is this something has been around in the bulldog terrier or is it fad and bad cross breeding.I'm hearing that is mainly in the southern areas and its basically a crossing of apbts and a catahoula hound not sure of truth on that.I've also heard that its a health risk the dog breading merle to merle just like breeding two blues.I know that color patterns hell breeding foe color period isnt and wasnt a thing within apbts.But I've been to a few bully shows and I'm starting to see this leopard pattern more and more.So I assume that's the new fad for them and its possible that those are merle genetics.How dangerous is the merle stuff for apbts and or bullies and bull breeds period?And can there be a way of breeding healthy merle dogs? Or is the genetics that bad?

·
ONE BAD MOTHAPHUCKA
3,237 Posts
Merle came from outcrossing. Geneticists have already said that the merle gene DID NOT just mutate on its own and show up. There are multiple breeds that his has just "popped up" in lately. MerleXmerle breedings are dangerous. Somewhere around 33% of the pups will have internal issues as well as serious aggression issues blindness, deafness, or Lethal White pups. At least that's how it is in Australian Shepherds and Great Danes.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Yeah click on that "Merle dogs" link that FireHazard posted. The Merle "pitbulls" you see are mixes with hung papers

Reactions: Firehazard
1 - 6 of 6 Posts