Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just wanted to share my new baby with everyone i am new to this site, and was wondering if anyone could give tips on tarining her not to bite! she was abandoned at about 5-6 weeks old, she had sarcoptic mange and worms but she is on the road to recovery she still has one treatment left for the mange but she is so cute and very smart! we have started training her a bit she knows sit, down, and wait! she is about 9 weeks old now. My friend says she is a tricolor pit which i have never heard of what you all think?

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
What an adorable baby. :) Tri-color is her coloration. It is either black and tan, blue and tan, or red and tan just like a rott or dobie. On the biting, when she does it too hard tell her, "NO BITE!" and then stop playing with her for a minute. If you play again and she does the same thing, tell her again and put they toys away and give her time to calm down. She'll catch on fast :)

·
Super Moderator
4,616 Posts
She's wicked cute!! Welcome to GP.
A little Nu Stock would probably help her hair grow back faster.
A little yelp when she bites to hard and then give her something she is allowed to bite on might help with the biting.
Good luck. :)

·
Banned
283 Posts
THOSE EARS!!!!! THOSE EYES!! OMG!!! So CUTE!!!

She's going to be BEAUTIFUL when she fills out. Tri-Colors are so cool looking.

I agree with the other two with the biting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
she's cute! she's the same color as my doberman and my chihuahua. love red and rust dogs.

Keep a real close eye on her coat... mange can come back. Watch for lots of itching or scabs or thinning hair.

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
They all overed the other things, so I will just go with this:
AWWWWWWWWWW EARSSSSSSS!!!!!!
I love crazy ears on a puppy :D

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
sooooo cute omg!!!! agree with above with the biting, just make super your consistant whatever you do

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What an adorable baby. :) Tri-color is her coloration. It is either black and tan, blue and tan, or red and tan just like a rott or dobie. On the biting, when she does it too hard tell her, "NO BITE!" and then stop playing with her for a minute. If you play again and she does the same thing, tell her again and put they toys away and give her time to calm down. She'll catch on fast :)
thanks so much and she is very smart so im sure she will catch on really fast!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She's wicked cute!! Welcome to GP.
A little Nu Stock would probably help her hair grow back faster.
A little yelp when she bites to hard and then give her something she is allowed to bite on might help with the biting.
Good luck. :)
not sure what Nu Stock is :confused: but she looks a lot better now then these pics from last week just need to take some new ones :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
she's cute! she's the same color as my doberman and my chihuahua. love red and rust dogs.

Keep a real close eye on her coat... mange can come back. Watch for lots of itching or scabs or thinning hair.
thanks! she is on revolution and will stay on it so the mange shouldnt come back as long as i keep her on it (that's what i was told). hoping the vet isnt just saying it so i keep her on the more pricey prevention meds

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
not sure what Nu Stock is :confused: but she looks a lot better now then these pics from last week just need to take some new ones :)
Nu Stock is a cream you can buy at your local feed store or online.It's used for certain skin disorders and will help them stop scratching and will help hair grow back faster.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nu Stock is a cream you can buy at your local feed store or online.It's used for certain skin disorders and will help them stop scratching and will help hair grow back faster.
Awesome! thanks I will go see if my feed store has that today since i have to go get her other shot as well :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
WOW!!! She is beautiful!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
this was Milan when we first rescued her she was left like this outside in 104 degree weather :( she looks way better huh?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts