Go Pitbull Forums banner

Million Pitbull March!!!!

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  locote6174 
#1 ·
WOW, i just got a pitbull/american bulldog for myself. everyone ive told said OMG a pitbull, they're mean,vicious, and WILL turn on you. JESUS, when will this lovly breed of dog stop being persicuted for a few bad humans? i havent gotten her yet but shes very sweet, loves kids, and very very playful, i went to do a home visit to see if she'd interact withh my children ages 1,8,10,12 and ALL of them loved her and vise versa she showed NO aggression at all even with the 1 yr. old ive all ways loved the pitbull breed and knew otherwise but im just tired of all these ignorant people giving them a bad name. here in California pitbulls are considered dangerous(not) and MUST be registered. thats crazy these people who say they are dangerous need to be registered as dangerous for wanting to kill off a breed thats totally opposite of what people are saying, 90% of them who say they are dangerous NEVER owned one and NEVER interacted with one to know different. THANKYOU ALL THE NEWS MEDIA, SICK OWNERS WHO FIGHT AND OVER BREED,AND CRAZY LAWMAKERS WHO CONTINUE TO LASH OUT AT THE PITBULL BREED, YOU'RE TRYING TO KILL OFF A DAM GOOD BREED OF DOG. WE NEED TO HAVE A MILLION PITBULL MARCH ON WASHINGTON.

#2 ·
Locote, just so you know, California actually has a state law prohibiting BSL (breed-specific legislation), with the exception of allowing cities to mandate a spay/neuter ordinance for the breed. They aren't allowed to consider the dogs dangerous based solely on their breed.

That said, I'd love to see a concerted effort to bring this kind of bigotry to the attention of those on the federal level, but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. This country is a war zone of dog owner vs. lawmakers, and the higher-ups don't see it as being their business. :snap:

#3 ·
youre right here in san jacinto they make you spay/neuter pitbulls the police here actually pull you over when walking a pitbull to make sure theyre registered, has shots, etc. these"lawmen and lawmakers" are the ones here who call them a dangerous breed. i too wish it would be addressed at a federal level but like you said they've got more important things to do.(yeah right):clap:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.