Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helena has been very mouthy lately. She has been coming up and shoving her nose up under my arm for attention, or barking at me and growling. It is a playful growl like the talking growl, because when I look at her she does a play bow and then barks. I try not to play with her whenever she does this because I heard that it reinforces bad behavior. But should I correct her or ignore her? I just got on to her for this and she went and laid down and gave me sad puppy dog eyes and now looks like shes sulking. But I was playing with her just about 15 mins ago. I think she is jealous that my time is spent more with Zachary now. I do pet her a lot and acknowledge her a lot. She gets to run around in the yard for exercise. I was thinking I could do lil training exercises with her everyday and maybe she would feel more "included and special" Perhaps taking her on walks with the baby too, that way the baby is included in the exercise? Or should I make it just me and her? I'm thinking involving the baby would show her that he is part of the pack, but on the other hand... giving her individual attention may be better. What do you guys think? She is good with him other wise, she will either lick him or leave him alone.

·
APBT!
9,592 Posts
You've got the right idea, Megan. She's lacking exercise, and attention. I would definitely go with the little tidbits of training time on a daily basis, as well as including her in family walks, and also take a walk with her by herself, so she gets the one on one interaction as well. Incorporate some training into these walks, and that helps stimulate the mind.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You've got the right idea, Megan. She's lacking exercise, and attention. I would definitely go with the little tidbits of training time on a daily basis, as well as including her in family walks, and also take a walk with her by herself, so she gets the one on one interaction as well. Incorporate some training into these walks, and that helps stimulate the mind.
Thanks for the response. She doesn't act like this all the time but she had her moments. Usually she's just been a couch potato. I guess probably because she is bored?

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
If you take 10-15minutes a day adn work her on her obedience in the house just you and her then go on a walk with you and the baby and her she will feel more apart of the family. I had this happen with Montag when my son was little. Once I made sure that Montag was happy the whole family did better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts