Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I recently got my 9 month old bully on orijen 6 and for the first half of the bag he ate right up, now for the last week he lost interest in it and willnot touch it, I know he is not sick because he will scarf down treats with no hesitation.
I was making steak and decided to throw a few pieces in with the 6 and he ate the steak and left most of the kibble, I decid3d to try mixing raw ground beef in with it trying to coat as much kibble with it as I could, he ate the whole bowl.
I seen a few threads stating that you should only feed all kibble or all raw, am I doing any more harm than good by mixing? I used about a quarter pound of 93% lean to his normal feeding amount.

I am planning on picking up some orijen red to mix in with the 6, I really want to keep him on the 6 because he has lots of skin alergies and he has been doing much better since switching him to 6. Would I be better off boiling the beef also?

Thanks for any info.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Orijen is really quality kibbles I dont know what 6 is, is that one of the brands? I feed Orijen Reginals Pacifica, the grain free option. Supplementing with mean might cause too much protein, BUT you might create a picky eater. And yes, the raw is digested differently. They recommend fasting the dog for 24hours before starting Raw to help their belly adjust to the difference, so nutrients will not be absorbed the same for raw vs. kibbles.

Do you free feed? Place the kibbles on the ground for 20 minutes. Pick the bowl up if they have not eaten and the same kibbles and bowl gets placed down at the next feeding. still doesn't eat, pick it up after 20 minutes and put it back down the next feeding. No treats, you want him to be hungry to eat what your serving. Your dog will soon learn that the only way he will eat is when you put the food down. I know one friend had 3 weeks on a dog who refused to eat kibbles, she gave up for his health, but seriously a few days til your dog learns when he needs to eat wont do any harm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts