Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to Dinner, gone for 2 hrs. Came home to everyone Normal except Rocky, He's the 11 yr old male thats had Mental probs since 6 wks old. He wont rase his head, make eye contact or anything. Ive got the pups in the kennel, and my wife and i have layed him on his side to relax him. His Gums are pail White ??? Ive placed a Call to the Vet CALL CENTER. His eyes are just There,, Like he is Empty, then again Nothing much is in his eyes anyway, like i said he's mentaly Off. He started to get up and come over to me now, Walking like he"s unsure, and Hunch backed...Could it be a Stroke Or somthing, Brain CLOT ??? IDK.. this happened once before 3 wks ago and by the time the Vet called back (IN THE MORNING)He was OK and runnin around, and has been fine ever since, NOW this at Night when i cant get ahole of anyone ??? Any sugestions or thoughts?

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
wow..... never heard of anything like that happening.... i hope he is ok and everything gets better! let us no how hes doin

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just incase i didnt Specify, HIS MOUTH is Freezing, its crazy, he didnt drink anything let alone anything cold, but his Gums, Mouth,Teeth are like Ice cubes and White...

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Yes, I would get him to a vet as well, Christian. Pale gums are are often a sign of internal bleeding.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Clinical signs of diseases of the spleen

• Pale gums - due to bleeding into the abdomen from a ruptured tumor
  • Distention of the abdomen
  • Hard mass sometimes can be felt in the abdomen
  • Weakness
  • Loss of appetite
  • With chronic splenic torsion, the urine may develop a dark red-brown (Port wine urine) color due to break down of red blood cells and excretion of hemoglobin

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, all those answers are ofcourse why i called the Vet, IDK anything about all that. Signs of shock etc..He sure looks like it, But why did this happen before and now its back...This poor dude isnt gonna last long I dont think, Between the Mental situation (UNPEDICTABLE) and him having these spells now, I really think its time to ask the Vet what he thinks is best for this Old man...IDK anymore, I hold onto him for me I think, which isnt right..

Hes now GUZZLING water !!!!!!
Still waiting for EMERGENCY call back.. here goes $500 :roll:

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
pale gums means his blood isn't being circulated. which could mean lots of things.
has he had a a history of seizures? that'd be big thing to look at
but for sure go into the vet, deff. have them run a FULL blood panel

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Taya had Several seizures, Rocky hasnt, atleast NOT when we been Around. And as far as the vet, They close a 5, then it's a Call center Operator that will Beep a Vet, they call yu back and go over the Fee's of a ER visit, $500 for them to show up at the clinic + what ever they do, over night stay, IV etc........Cash or Charge card only.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
thats aweful!! thats why i luv our vet... he has an emergency cell num and has always been good about letting us make payments... i hope your guy is going to be ok :(

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
do you have any other vets in the area 24hour ones? i guess im lucky being in a city we have a few of those withing 40 min drive of us. get some warm blankets [like from the dryer} and try and keep him warm animals are like humans when in shock you want to keep them alert and warm. If he is drinking thats good i would suggest warm broth but seeing as he really needs to be at a vet for tests it may be better if he isnt eating anything until the vet ok's it. Do you have any live plants around that he could have ingested {toxic} or was anything around the house disturbed when you came home cleaners, toys anything missing you can see off the bat? with his age a stroke is deff a possibility. I dont know if you have a yellow pages or something call any and all vets until you have one saying come in. sorry your going through this , keep us posted.

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Angel i think either stroke or some kind of seizure, idk, because when Taya would seize she would be Weird for a couple hrs then FINE.. He is now chillin, and acting more like his Old Anti Social Self, lol...atleast when he starts acting Weird (guards food etc..) I know he's doing Better. The vet called, said the same, maybe a seizure while we were gone. Im waiting till morning, She said 500 + im lookin at a Few hiundred for Blood, xrays and Over night stay, Im not spendin Close to $1000 if he's doin better right now. I hope i dont sound Selfish, But the Pups are ONE thing, He's a 11 yr old mental case that Likes us 1 hr out of the day !!!!!!!! LOL...I'll let everyone know what up tomorrow. TY for help, i was Panicing when his Gums were Cold, I dont want him in pain or anything ofcorse, He wats to go outside so hes feelin better..TTYL

Angel the Other vets within a Hr are Mom and Pops w/answering machine no ER, and HUGE $$$ if i go into NYC.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
well keep a close eye on him tonight , he hasnt had seizures before? at 11 I see your point he is elderly I would personally bring him in tonight but then again my vet doesnt charge that amount ,thats gotta hurt :S , let us know how it goes tomorrow hope the blood work shows something minor and easily treated ,poor boy :(
best wishes.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
The hardest part of owning and loving a dog is letting them go :( I hope you get some good news in the morning. If not you will do what's right and best for him.

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well keep a close eye on him tonight , he hasnt had seizures before? at 11 I see your point he is elderly I would personally bring him in tonight but then again my vet doesnt charge that amount ,thats gotta hurt :S , let us know how it goes tomorrow hope the blood work shows something minor and easily treated ,poor boy :(
best wishes.
I hear ya, If he didnt get up and snap out of it I would of brought him in NO Matter what The $$, I would never let him suffer or not save him if I could. So far so good, Its 1:30am, pups had to go out, and Rockys actin fine. Im going to vet w/him at 9. Ill hit ya"s back ltr.

·
Registered
546 Posts
This happened to our dog when her kidneys & liver went bad....has he had any bowel movements? When it happened with our dog she had the worse smelling uncontrollable bloody diarrhea. That's the only info I have and everyone elses info seems much more accurate. Hope he feels better. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Even if he's feeling better...you might want him checked out anyways. You don't know if he could have a brain tumor or internal damage that could progress without treatment. What appears fine on the outside isn't always fine on the inside...

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,362 Posts
Its a bad deal; awesome of you to give him a good life, APBTs dont live long anyway 6-8 avg 8-10 for a high end dog kept healthy and 12-15 for a sterilized house pet of good health. I get 6-10 out of mine. You know you done well by him and I agree with your POV.. Best of wishes be with you.......

1 - 20 of 39 Posts