Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

It's been a while since I've posted anything; work and whatnot has picked up, Argos has been doing great.

Two weeks ago this monday, though, we lost Vincent, my cat (urinary obstruction, kidneys backed up, ended up having to put the guy to sleep). Since then, Argos hasnt seemed too interested in his morning meals. I thought it may have been separation anxiety that would go away once we were done mourning, but he still seems rather disinterested in morning meals. Sometimes he'll sit there and look at me like im punishing him by telling him to eat, sometimes he'll just walk away and ignore it. I always pick it up after a few minutes when he dosen't eat it, but I'm just wondering if this is normal.
Argos just made 2 years old last month; he is up to date on wormers and vaccinations.

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
if he is still eating at night, I would guess he is just not used the cat being gone yet. (though I'm not a expert, my dogs always try to eat cats) and like people there appetites go up and down.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
How much are you feeding him at each meal? Maybe he's over-eating at night and is just not hungry for breakfast. I don't have that problem with my dogs, they eat no matter what lol. I've yet to see my two turn down food, lol.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Is the weather changing around you? My boy changes when he wants to eat sometimes when the weather changes. But I would think its very plausible he is reacting to the cat. Maybe they used to so something after he ate that you never noticed lol Poor pup, sorry for your loss. So hard to lose great pets!

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Ames. Vince was definately a good one.
I'm feeding him according to the bag, if memory serves it's like 2.5 cups daily separated by meals, which I can measure with his bowl, since it's just about the right size. Maybe I'll check the bag in the morning and make sure that my 'right size' didn't go up over time...it's possible.
I don't know what the two of them did after breakfast, but I did used to feed them at the same time, vince's bowl down right after argos'.
I don't know, he doesn't seem unhealthy or like anything is wrong at all, so I guess I'll just let it be for now. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
take him on a walk twice a day and feed him once at night. he'll perk right up. he's could also be sick of the dog food. same thing day after day.....even if you switch dog foods. kibble after monotonous kibble. that's another reason raw is nice....there are so many more options on what to feed. p.s. your cat more than likely had the kidney problems because of the kibble diet. cats must be fed raw exclusively. they can also have canned fish here and there sparingly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts