Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When she was younger she was always very curious about everything and didn't jump at new sounds or objects. She turned 1 in October and has started to be more skittish with those kinds of things. Is that normal around that age?

I'm trying to get her to go after the spring pole I just made. She loves tug-o-war and will go for the rope if I detach it and play tug with her, but she gets nervous when the rope is attached to the springs. They make a relatively quiet metallic noise but it's enough to put her off. She's still excited and wants to go for it, but it just seems like she's nervous about it. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Can you keep the string around and play with her inside with them so she gets used to it? Could you put some wd40 on the spring so it doesn't make noise? My boy was great and then started to act weird around buses and big trucks when he was about a year old. I just kept working with him and trying to get him to know he would be OK and not to worry. Just keep introducing things to her and she should be able to get past it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so I just took the rope off the caribeaners and put some peanut butter on them. My hope is that she'll want it so bad she'll go lick it and figure out the spring pole and chains won't hurt her. She's checking it out right now but still won't get close yet. I'll let you know what happens.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Ok, so I just took the rope off the caribeaners and put some peanut butter on them. My hope is that she'll want it so bad she'll go lick it and figure out the spring pole and chains won't hurt her. She's checking it out right now but still won't get close yet. I'll let you know what happens.
awesome! I hope she realizes its OK and get back to working out for you soon! Make sure once she isn't scared of it on the ground that she sees you putting it in place. I find my nosy boy does better when I let him watch what I am doing. Nice job!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts