Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
APBT!
9,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Texas high school QB Reggie Garrett collapses on sideline, dies - ESPN

Just wanted to share this with ya'll. I graduated from this high school 10 yrs ago, and tragically, Friday night, our star quarterback passed away after throwing his 2nd touchdown pass of the game. I included the link above. My thoughts and prayers go out to West Orange-Stark Mighty Mustangs, as well as the community and family of Reggie Garrett.

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
theirs A much better article in the local newspaper about him.seemed like A throwback type athlete.
the father speaks of him and it's touching.
condolences,Godspeed Reggie.

·
APBT!
9,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I didn't pull up the actual article, but will do so now. Thanks for your condolences William. I don't personally know the guy, but I did graduate from this school and attended every football game even before I was in high school. I know Coach Hooks, as well as Coach Thompson (they were also my track & field coaches when I ran track my senior year). The Beaumont Enterprise is probably the newspaper you're referring to William, but our local newspaper would be The Orange Leader. I've included links to all the articles.

WO-S QB Garrett dies after collapsing on field Local News orangeleader.com (Orange, Texas)

Dan Hooks statement on death of Reggie Garrett Local News orangeleader.com (Orange, Texas)

Fallen quarterback a respected student, athlete, son | www.beaumontenterprise.com - Local

www.beaumontenterprise.com | Photogalleries

A sad night at West Orange-Stark - The Huddle - Beaumont Enterprise

·
APBT!
9,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Krystal. I didn't know him personally, but since I graduated from there, as did my older brother, and I still have many friends and family there, it hits home for me. It's become national news as it's all over ESPN and was even on the local news here in TN this morning, and it's really a shame that our high school had to be recognized this way.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I know what you mean. There was a girl from my graduating class that made national news also. I actually knew her and was very shocked and sad when I head what happened. Her name was Suzy and she was the one who took her life after talking to people on a suicide group online. They even made a law after her called Suzy's law. It was very sad and non of us would ever expect her to do anything like that.

Suzy's Law

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
don't ever feel awkward about these things.
Angels come from somewhere,heros are first draft.
Texas loves their football,second to those that give all for it.

·
APBT!
9,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I remember hearing about Suzy's Law.. studied it in Government for the semester I had to take it. Very shocking indeed.

Yes, William, us Texans do love our football!! Is part of the reason it hits me so hard, ya know!?

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I was way shocked when I heard about it. Suzy was very sweet and she was one of those people that everyone liked.

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
I was way shocked when I heard about it. Suzy was very sweet and she was one of those people that everyone liked.
they just did a 20/20 or one of them type shows on it about the guy girl's parent from europe somewhere and the attempts to prosecute William Dinkel Melchert of Minn. didn't pay close attention to the details to entrenched in the anger of why this man is still walking they have seemingly banned him from the net,yet how hard is it to circumvent?
heinous,what drives people to prey on innocent folks?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts