Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my Zeus is only 4 months and he thinks everything is a chew toy so sometimes he nips on me or other people but I don't see any agression just mouthing maybe cause he's a puppy? how do I train him to stop? I try telling him NO! in a firm Voice and sometimes he does listen and sometimes he doesn't what else can I do since I know he'll be bigger when he gets older and I want to makes sure I curb the bad habits while I can still control him? thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Would you recommend the bitter apple for an older dog as well? I'm working with my Gunny, who's a rescue, about 2 years old, and he wants to play tug with everything, including my fingers / hands / arms / feet / socks, you name it.

He doesn't seem to nip / bite other people when he meets someone new, but in the house, it's almost un-tolerable.

Gunny's a good boy (both the vet and groomer loved him and were pleased with his temperment), and has been learning basic obedience very quickly, but he doesn't have good house skills at all. My only fear with the nipping / biting is that it's a bit dominance driven, because he's not doing it so much with my parents and not at all with strangers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts