Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, it looks like my time down here in TX is running short. I received a job offer from a bank in Maryland and I'll be moving up there later this month.

I'm originally from the Philadelphia area, so the move back northeast will be a welcome one for sure! My brother still lives in the area, so it'll be good to have family close by again. I certainly don't miss the snow and cold weather, but I'll learn to adjust again.

I've been living in TX for the past 10 years and while it has been quite a unique experience, I have learned it is just not the right place for me. There are a lot of cultural differences between the 2 locations, most of which are undesirable for me. I think one of the most disturbing things about living down here is the way some people treat their dogs. Far too often I have seen stray dogs wandering around my neighborhood, willfully ignorant owners who refuse to leash their dogs, and way too many dead dogs on the sides of roads.

There are other differences too, but the dog thing REALLY bothers me. In any event, if anyone here is from the area, I would love to meet up at some point when I get settled in.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
Not from the area but congrats on the new job offer. The cold and snow may be worth the trade off. Best of luck Bradd and stay in touch and let us know how things go.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Cold and Snow!? Come on Maryland you get what maybe a few snow days a month and if it happens they state shuts down til it is gone! Just messing with you, hope your trip back up is uneventful and I agree with being a huge difference in dog management, at least it appears that way from what I have seen and heard. Good luck on the new job!

Reactions: Nubwagon and jttar
1 - 3 of 3 Posts