Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I hope someone can help me here.
I purchased a puppy from Mr. Pitbull back in 2010.
I live in Canada and there aren't many American Bully breeders out here.
After doing some research (apparently not enough, because I'm in this mess...), I found Mr. Pitbull's website and found Blue Remy...I really loved the way he looked. The breeder and I communicated on the telephone and he seemed extremely knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. I googled his name to make sure there weren't any complaints in the BBB or in forums.
I finally got my pup in October 2010. I fell in love! He was perfect!
We asked the breeder about the papers and he said he will be mailing them. A few weeks went by and nothing...we called and it was very difficult to get a hold of him (it seemed like he always answered when it came to discussing about payment). Finally, we got a hold of him. He said he will resend the papers.
It's been almost 2 years now...I've e-mailed him, but no luck.
Also, it turns out my puppy is semi-deaf and can only hear high pitch sound.
He is a great dog and even obeys hand signals. However, for the amount of $$$ that was paid for him, I feel like I got scammed, especially without any papers.

Is there anything I can do?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know he's been active on American Bully World.
I'm still awaiting on activation for a few weeks now...
If someone has an account there, would you be able to put him on blast there?
I want everyone to know what kind of a person he is....

Thank you!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Wow.. sorry you got done dirty .. people are pathetic

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It totally sucks! I wish there was someone who would have told me. Everything seemed so legit and he disguised himself as one of the "good guys".
Hopefully, this post will deter people from buying a puppy from him.
Thanks for your sympathy!
So, I'm guessing there's nothing I can do to get partial amount of my $ back or papers?
Any suggestions are welcome! :)
I'm sure this has happened to some of you out there...

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Those aren't even pitbulls.. lol.. dude is def a puppy mill

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
"The American Pitbull breed can be divided into three primary categories; Red nose American Pitbulls, Blue nose American Pitbulls and American Bullies." quoted directly from website. and in my opinion a major red flag. red and blue are not types of pits only colors and even AmBully is not a type of pit it is a separate breed.

u sound like u fully understand what happened now and i am sorry that u got scammed. i sell parts for a toyota dealer and the same thing happens with cars all the time. buy a car, owner says ur all good great car, next ur in spending thousands trying to fix said car. the whole dog situation is harder because of the love factor.

im not sure what u can do to recoup some of ur $$$. i would try goin to BBB if he even has a business license. or if he registered with UKC or ABKC then try goin to them. ive read alot about iron cross kennels and how they got banned from ABKC. im not sure though. good luck in ur endeavors, i wish u the best.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
You are not the 1st person I have heard this from about him. He was active on american bully world but I havent even seen him posting there lately although I am not on there regular either. Unfortunately if a contract wasnt used and you have nothing in writting there isnt much you can do to get your papers. chalk it up to a lesson learned, I know it sucks when it is such an expensive lesson. Hopefully your story though will save someone else from going through this with him. I also heard somewhere that he is some sort of computer guy { sorry dont know the name im not a computer savy person lol} but he is able to bump his name and website up on google to get noticed.

Where in Canada are you? im in BC , rainy BC lol. would love to see pictures of your dog, hope you stick around and share pictures and storys with the rest of us here , glad to here you atleast got a sweet dog out of it. We had a dog we trained with sign language { I have a deaf family member} and the dog picked up on it really quick.

·
Super Moderator
4,593 Posts
Who calls there dogs "brand name". I mean REALLY.
Sorry you go the shaft. :(

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
I'd take him to small claims just to jack with his time and money, as he jacked with yours.. You may not get any money even if he gets garnished wages taken by the state; but he will be subpoena'd to court and if judged against wages garnished. I would sue for your money back and you can also press charges for fraudulent business services. This is why a person wants to do all the homework on the APBT and strains down from before grabbing a puppy.. Sorry you got took..

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Big reason to use contratcs. Dont know how many people you hear this with and how many I have told make sure to get it in writting. You cant trust anyone, have even heard of friends getting took by other friends. greedy people out there.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
I have heard a lot of negative feedback about this puppymill guy :( sorry you are in this situation!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow! I feel so much love here :)
Angelbaby, I'm also from rainy BC! Are those 5 dogs in the banner yours? G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!
Do you get mixed reactions from people here, cuz I do...esp at dog parks. I've had countless times my Junior cleared the whole park within minutes.
So unfair, cuz of the stereotypes.

So that's how he got his website to be on top...I'm just surprised no one has called him out on it. Maybe it's cuz I'm from Canada, so he figured I was an easy target.

I know he's a respected "Senior Member" on American Bully World. Last I checked, he posted a couple weeks ago, so I think calling him out on there, will be the most detrimental to him. Maybe it'll make him send over the papers.

I'll post some pix up once I figure out how to do it. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd take him to small claims just to jack with his time and money, as he jacked with yours.. You may not get any money even if he gets garnished wages taken by the state; but he will be subpoena'd to court and if judged against wages garnished. I would sue for your money back and you can also press charges for fraudulent business services. This is why a person wants to do all the homework on the APBT and strains down from before grabbing a puppy.. Sorry you got took..
Great idea, Firehazard! I will look into that...this would probably be the worst case scenario. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a question...to obtain the papers, the breeder just has to sign the document and verify that the puppy I have is from the parents Blue Remy and Ms Heartbreaker, right?
So, the reason he is not sending me the papers is.....because my puppy isn't even from the parents he claimed he is from?

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
again just throwin out my 2 cents here. but the best way to avoid "clearing out a dog park" is simply dont go. i would never take my boy to a dog park simply because everyone else would blame the pit bull. even if the lab and the dalmation got into a fight they would be quick to blame the pit. that and some people dont train their dogs, vaccinate their dogs, or even keep the bitch thats in heat at home. some people :roll:

Reactions: Kingsgurl

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Wow! I feel so much love here :)
Angelbaby, I'm also from rainy BC! Are those 5 dogs in the banner yours? G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!
Do you get mixed reactions from people here, cuz I do...esp at dog parks. I've had countless times my Junior cleared the whole park within minutes.
So unfair, cuz of the stereotypes.

So that's how he got his website to be on top...I'm just surprised no one has called him out on it. Maybe it's cuz I'm from Canada, so he figured I was an easy target.

I know he's a respected "Senior Member" on American Bully World. Last I checked, he posted a couple weeks ago, so I think calling him out on there, will be the most detrimental to him. Maybe it'll make him send over the papers.

I'll post some pix up once I figure out how to do it. :)
No for the most part I get great responses to my dogs but I go out of my way to make sure they are contained and seen in a good light. Im STRONGLY against dog parks with this breed , but in the search bar at the top type in dog parks and many threads will come up with all the reasons they are a bad idea.

And yes the dogs in my signature are mine, and thank you :)

looking forward to seeing some pictures of your dog .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
again just throwin out my 2 cents here. but the best way to avoid "clearing out a dog park" is simply dont go. i would never take my boy to a dog park simply because everyone else would blame the pit bull. even if the lab and the dalmation got into a fight they would be quick to blame the pit. that and some people dont train their dogs, vaccinate their dogs, or even keep the bitch thats in heat at home. some people :roll:
I actually never thought of it like that. Makes perfect sense.
I just wanted my boy to socialize and hang out with dogs his own size, cuz most of my friends have small dogs. I also have a Maltese and Chihuahua and they both own him...haha
Lucky for me, he's never gotten into a fight. He's always the one being picked on...

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of careless pet owners out there. Some don't pick up after their dogs and one time, there was a dog who kept barking at new dogs entering and would snap at them, but the owner didn't even do anything.

Thanks again for your help!

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
no problem, i think its safe to say that we r all here to help :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts