Go Pitbull Forums banner

41 - 60 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
and hour a day is all it takes. You got a bike now right? I will have this dog looking even better next conditioning cycle cuz instead of straight cardio we are doing weights and strength to get him to really tighten up good.[/Q
draggin tires really seems to help em bulk up

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
I got an opportunity to talk to an oldtimer and he let me in on his conditioning regimen so I am going to give that a go.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
I got an opportunity to talk to an oldtimer and he let me in on his conditioning regimen so I am going to give that a go.
Lucky you lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
if i walk my pup an hour a day. ( 2 miles) would i see some pretty decent results?:rain:

Attachments

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
if i walk my pup an hour a day. ( 2 miles) would i see some pretty decent results?:rain:
You should clear more than that in an hour. Excercise and getting your feeding correct should get ya started. Check out the conditioning section as well as health and nutrition.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You should clear more than that in an hour. Excercise and getting your feeding correct should get ya started. Check out the conditioning section as well as health and nutrition.
well if we just walk a mile it takes a half hour
but for the most part i run half walk the other half and can shave off 10 minutes. i'll start trying to talk her 2 to 3 miles a day. shes on a decent diet right now, or at least i think so. shes eating satin balls with kibble to make up some weight from being a little sick for 5 days or so. and thanks i'll check out that conditioning section.
any other pointers would be really appreciated

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
well if we just walk a mile it takes a half hour
but for the most part i run half walk the other half and can shave off 10 minutes. i'll start trying to talk her 2 to 3 miles a day. shes on a decent diet right now, or at least i think so. shes eating satin balls with kibble to make up some weight from being a little sick for 5 days or so. and thanks i'll check out that conditioning section.
any other pointers would be really appreciated
Try to speed walk. Also, a fun game of fetch works well. Tug of war, flirt pole, spring pole, etc.

·
Registered
231 Posts
yea i try to get her interested in a game of fetch as long as i can which isnt to long but shes getting better. she never used to even play before. since its summer im going to work on her swimming and try to get her to like it. she loves playing in water as long as its not deep enough to where you have to swim. for some reason swimming freaks her out :rolleyes:

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
yea i try to get her interested in a game of fetch as long as i can which isnt to long but shes getting better. she never used to even play before. since its summer im going to work on her swimming and try to get her to like it. she loves playing in water as long as its not deep enough to where you have to swim. for some reason swimming freaks her out :rolleyes:
Get In with her

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Before shots taken on May 5th @ 8 1/2 months old

After shots taken 6/24 @ 10 months old

That's puppy conditioning progress ;) I think she's coming along well. Three mile walks everday with some light jogging and we also play tug and fetch :D

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
She's looking great!^^^^^

·
Registered
231 Posts
Befor

After

We only got about a week of work in, then she blew out her leg really bad.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
No conditioning Bogart is too young just genetics, decent amount of daily exercise, and a good high protein feed.

Puppy 12 weeks old

Around 7-8 months old

Now @ 12 months

·
Registered
36 Posts
Some nice conditioned dogs on this thread, I am in the middle of getting my boy in tip top shape and will post some pics in about 2 weeks

41 - 60 of 176 Posts