Go Pitbull Forums banner

Muscular dogs Before and After

Tags
dogs muscular
96K views 177 replies 74 participants last post by  jttar 
#1 ·
I just remembered a thread I started on my the other forum I am a member of.

Share pictures of your dogs before they were in shape and after(in shape.).

Here's my boy to get things started. When I first got Dakota, I was rather ignorant, my entire family was telling me how good he looked. Uhm,:stick:

Well I got into dock jumping and grew from there, blah, blah, blah, you didn't come here for my life story.

Okay, at 9 months he was around 86lbs, now he weighs 62lbs.

Before

After

I think this is the only one I have that shows the muscle over his ribs, dang long coated dogs.

Last one....For now. I know I drown people in pictures.:eek:

See less See more
#2 ·
Dakota is the BOMB and an honorary APBT ;)

Here is Dixie out of shape

After

Trinity before

After some work

Justice before I got her

After some work

Monsoon chain weight

After some work

Typhoon at like 9 months

conditioned as an adult

I have bunch but I am tired ;) There is another thread like this but it has been so long it is nice to have a new one.

#10 ·
Dakota is the BOMB and an honorary APBT ;)

Here is Dixie out of shape

After

Trinity before

After some work

Justice before I got her

After some work

Monsoon chain weight

After some work

Typhoon at like 9 months

conditioned as an adult
Nice pics!!! Great looking dogs!!!

Xena
Puppy

Becoming an adult

Slim
Before

After

Bumble Bee
Before

After

Faith
Before

After

Dumae
Before

After

Stack RIP
Before

After
I <3 XENA!!!! They all look great :D

#12 ·
LMAO Do you know I acctually provide that service to clients who do not have the heart or the know how to put a dog on a diet. And I call it fat camp! :rofl:

I do not have the time to work the dogs really, Most of it comes from just working them in sports like Agility and Schutzhund. They do it several times a week and with proper feeding it just happens. I could have more definition if I worked them harder like with a flirt pole. Dixie got buff from being put on a heavier chain set up and Justice runs like a nut in her dog run all day. Justice went from being a fat couch dog to doing Obed and living in a kennel set up. She paces all day long (so do all the Caragan dogs) and conditions herself. I actually have a hard time keeping weight on her and if I do not watch it her spin will start to show. She eats 5 cups of food a day with added fat and she is still railed out!

#5 ·
When you all say "after some work" what kind of work are you doing with your dogs to get them in top condition? I've never had a fat dog or overweight because I am active so my dogs always have been. Now with Bella I just plan on doing alot of walking and jogging with her. I don't have a place to hang a spring pole so that's out of the question..........By the way....All your dogs look GREAT!!! :)

#7 · (Edited)

Xena
Puppy

Becoming an adult

Slim
Before

After

Bumble Bee
Before

After

Faith
Before

After

Dumae
Before

After

Stack RIP
Before

After

Reactions: Firehazard
#9 ·
LOL I can finally tell Dakota he's an APBT? I swear, he's been trying to be one. Starting to become a little DA, he's trying too hard.

Everyone's dogs look great! Beautiful, great job! ;)

With Dakota we go out and play on the flirt pole, tug-o-war, walks, bike rides, weight pulling, sprint and oval racing, and dock jumping. Swimming is great. :)

#11 ·
Loved the pictures. Thanks for sharing. gives me incentive for my pup. I only have before right now lol.

#15 ·
i dont have a before pic of tater so heres a puppy pic ill show off :D

and here he is at 8 months old

#17 ·
heres my biggest changer...

winter fat she is 43 lbs and in condition she is 35 lbs...

fat::

in shape....

Reactions: Firehazard
#21 ·
thanks, shes rather easy to work, she will do any workout you want.
and all you have to do is sit and watch...

she reminds you when its work time by nudging your chair. lol. very night at around this time she lets you know! we just finished some runnin on the jenny. shes asking for round 2 already :S

but I will say this... she LOVES food lol. she gets fat easy too.

#22 ·
thanks, shes rather easy to work, she will do any workout you want.
and all you have to do is sit and watch...

she reminds you when its work time by nudging your chair. lol. very night at around this time she lets you know! we just finished some runnin on the jenny. shes asking for round 2 already :S

but I will say this... she LOVES food lol. she gets fat easy too.
I need me a dog like that.. and a jenny I want one of them so bad but dont go the room. again great job.

#24 ·
thanks a good lookin dog you got there.

hows he bred?

#26 ·
he looks like he could be a well bred animal.

give him some credit lol.

#30 ·
I just switched him to TOTW for dry food when he turned 1 so idk if I should change his food again. I want to see if he poops any better when I just stick with the buffalo formula.

I was thinking of other supplements or a different brand of canned food that would help... I was looking at those satin balls but just a toned down version...

#36 ·
I work days, the Mrs works nights..I need a baby sitter for that hour a day...

I usually sneak in some time for a jog but its not too often....I can sneak 30 mins outside lol....But now that the weather is nicer, I will try to sneak about 20-30 mins in of road work. As long as the mom in law is ok with it lol..

#35 · (Edited)
these are all really amazing :D
everyone of these dogs are just beautiful.
i need some tips on conditioning a stubborn dog for a lack of a better word. what i mean by stubborn is i built her a pretty nice spring pole and she does not show the least bit of interest in it. ( i actually have 2) im pretty cash broke so i don't have money to buy a treadmill or to buy supply's to make a home made one. all my girl loves to do is walk/run play a little fetch (although she gets over it fairly quick) and she likes to play tag with my other dogs. i have a pool she could swim in but shes not a fan of swimming she loves water just not swimming. she just chills on the steps of the pool. And i dont want to force her to swim and make her hate the pool. so any other things i can do to get a well condition dog like all of your pups? or maybe way to help her like swimming (:)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.