Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some serious help for my 15 week old pitbull Tyson, he loves to jump on my bed and bite my ears and fingers. I know he could be teething but he has at least 3 toys in everyroom of our house, and ive been teaching him to bite those and not people. I understand that he is a puppy but as the owner of a pitbull i have to do my best to train him so that nobody sees his actions and becomes truly convinced about all the pitbull stereotypes.

· Original Prankster
13,974 Posts
I've had quite a few that would nibble when excited like that. They do tend to mouth things when super excited :). When I was working with my boy on this I would make a yarp like another pup would do if a sibling was too rough. I find that they tend to understand this better than just saying no when their so young. If they're just playing and you say "no" they might not understand why your saying no.
With Dosia, if we were playing and he nipped I'd make the loud yarp and then stop playing with him. It didnt take him to long to make the connection, he bites it hurts and I'll stop playing ;) it was pretty cute one time I did that and he kept trying to snuggle up to me and lick my hand, almost like he was trying to say he was sorry. It was cute.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.