Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two pits 7 months and 3 months. I noticed that my 3 month one plays to rough with the older one. She bites hard enough to make the other one bleed. However It only seems to happen when the older one plays rough with the little one. The older one doesnt even care that the other bites that hard. Is this normal? Should i Just let them play?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
sounds like normal puppy play but a good reason to never leave them unattended together when it gets rough like that just intervine and seperate them. set up boundarys now while they are young so they learn them for when they are older . Working ona strong NO when you seperate them helps them learn that word for later as well. have you done any crate training ? with multiple dogs in the house its a great tool especially if you need a time out for one of them , you dont want to ever leave them together when you arent home anyways especially when they are older.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like normal puppy play but a good reason to never leave them unattended together when it gets rough like that just intervine and seperate them. set up boundarys now while they are young so they learn them for when they are older . Working ona strong NO when you seperate them helps them learn that word for later as well. have you done any crate training ? with multiple dogs in the house its a great tool especially if you need a time out for one of them , you dont want to ever leave them together when you arent home anyways especially when they are older.
yea im crate training the little one. i never leave them unatended. the funny thing is im not worried about the big one hurting the smaller one, im worried about all the cuts and scratches the big one will get because all he wants to do is play.

·
Banned
283 Posts
I separate my 8month and 10week old when I think things are getting too rough, specially when little man is around. If you are worried about the scratches you can get some doggie antibiotic to treat them with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts