Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi this is my 6 month old bitch,she weighs 46 lbs as of this week shes just turned 7 months what do you guys think all comments welcome some things id like to know

will her head crack/get any bigger??
also i see some on here at this weight and they are jacked/ripped up is this down to mature muscles ect?

at the min her diet is 2 cans of meat a day mixed in with a complete dry meal.

she goes out everyday for a hour in the woods off the lead walks for around 2 to 3 miles.

thanks for any advice/comments:)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Hi and welcome! What do you mean about head crack size? Lol! Her head will grow yes ;) genetics will play a role in how she matures as well as diet and excercise. Does she have papers? Dad is handsome looking but it looks like your girl has a long muzzle. Is she mixed with anything else?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
she is cute, but yes at only 6 months she will get bigger, usually by 8-10 months they are done growing upwards and then for the next 1-2 years they fill out. So neck will probably get a bit thicker, chest , head . Genetics plays a role too , I dont see the dad looking to be huge or very thick really so dont expect her to be too thick. You can use the parents as a Guideline. For weight if you remember what she was at 4 months you can double that and it will give you the best guess as per finished weight.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the advice im not realy bothered about her been a big dog as i have a johnson AB who is big fella lol i like the way most look on here athletic and ripped,and thats what i would be striving for in the futer.

you could be right about the dad been a mix i think this is him around 12 to 14 months old so could be bigger built now?

she can run very well and loves to chase birds and rodents in the woods great to watch.

ill keep you updated with pics in another 6 months to see the difference:)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Her head will likely fill out.
Some Pits have longer muzzles. Though she could be mixed.
6 months is young, muscle also depends on genetics. I've had ripped looking pups and a couple of adults I had to work like hell to get tone.
But give her time, exercise and healthy diet. See how she matures.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Good loIking pup no matter what she is :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
couple of new pics of JET just after playing fetch for 40 intense mins,her cheeks are starting to come a bit and you can see abit of muscle building up in her shoulders.been adding some nice bits of protein to her diet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts