Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 7 week old red nose pitbull pup who wont stop biting. I got her when she was exactly 6 weeks. I did some research and i found out that in between the 6 and 8 weeks time period they learn the pain tolerance that other puppy siblings can handle, but she is no longer around her siblings. A couple days after i got her she started nipping. It was fine at first because it did not hurt but it has become a problem. She has a rope ball, kong toy, rope, and a rubber flip flop to chew on but none of them amuse her for no more then 2 minutes. When she goes outside the likes to chew on the side of steps, tree branches, and plant stems but after that she comes to nip at my toes ankles and fingers. She also likes to bite clothes and tug on them as if it is a game of tug of war. The yelping and ignoring method , the crossing arms and yelping method, the replacing with a toy, and the two finger tap method do not work. I understand she loves to play but the biting is unacceptable. Today she has bitten me three times all of them left marks and 1 of them has caused bleeding. She is a good puppy but her biting is a big problem. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
You've had her two weeks and you've already tried all of those methods? You need to pick one, and stick with it. And don't utilize it JUST when it hurts. Use it every time she puts her teeth on you. The yelp and end play has been the most preferred method of folks I've talked with. She is the equivalent of a 1 year old child at this point. Don't expect her to get it in a few days. Remain consistent and you will see it working in time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This sounds like my fat boy Bacon lol. I got him at 8 weeks and he was a little monster, he literally walked with his mouth open trying to grab anything and everything.
He got better at around 3 months n change and then went ballistic again, like something snapped.
Long story short, with plenty of patience and staying consistent with the same techniques you mentioned, he is 7 months now and rarely mouths. Only when he’s playing rough and really excited he might go back and start (grabbing my hand) but no bite. Even at that, I calm him down and resume playing without the mouthing.
Be patient and have family and friends be consistent and before you know it, it’s gone.
:) good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Honestly 6 weeks is very early and being mouthy is common for dogs that were taken away from their litter too soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts