Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy breathes really hard while she is sleeping, she also snores and shakes. Sometimes it scared me and I wake her up. IM not sure if its normal or not, she just went to the vet on August 05, 2011, they said everything was fine. What should I do?
Thank You, KMW

·
Registered
379 Posts
My puppy breathes really hard while she is sleeping, she also snores and shakes. Sometimes it scared me and I wake her up. IM not sure if its normal or not, she just went to the vet on August 05, 2011, they said everything was fine. What should I do?
Thank You, KMW
Lol:roll: My Nila breaths so hard sometime she wakes herself up and she also, jumps and shakes sometimes while sleeping. I talked to the vet about it and he said she is dreaming.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
puppys do tend to breath harder I find and different rates depending what stage of sleep they are in , the snoring is pretty common mostof mine will snore I have heard there is a surgery to help correct the issue that causes snoring but havent heard of anyone I personally know going to that extreme most just deal with it lol. The shakes? could be dreaming mine will startle , jump , almost convulse like in there sleep at times like they are running after something and make funny bubbling noises or whimpers I think its just dreams , Now if they are shaking while awake or violently then thatmay have to be looked into { seizures} but from what you are describing Im thinking just puppy dreams and completely normal.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
haha yeah Mel snores like crazy more of less depending if he is upside down or not, lol. he also "chases squirrels" as I call it in his sleep. I assume he is dreaming of something lol he whines a bit and runs in place while sleeping.

Here he is chasing squirrels

and here is a bad snore attack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts