Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my best friends Great Dane pup Bowie. I've become a serrogate owner to him since my girlfriends husband is in jail and she just had a new baby a few months ago. I've been walking him alot for her and doing basic OB training with him. He's a good boy! ALL 100 lbs of him at 10 months old. Just thought I would share :)

Bowie as a 9 week old puppy

Sitting on the couch! LOL!

Take me with you!!!

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Very cute! I love the Harlequin Danes... in other breeds, they'd be referred to as Merles. None the less, I love em, and their big, goofy, bumble footed puppy-ness. Thanks for sharing! Bowie is an interesting name.. is she a David Bowie fan by chance?

Reactions: Blue_Nose_Bella

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cute! I love the Harlequin Danes... in other breeds, they'd be referred to as Merles. None the less, I love em, and their big, goofy, bumble footed puppy-ness. Thanks for sharing! Bowie is an interesting name.. is she a David Bowie fan by chance?
You got it girl! Something about ziggy stardust :confused:??? Bowie has one blue and one green eye so his name pertains to that :)

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Is this the same boy we were talking about? If so hes cute, dig his color. Did she decide on doing anything or just going to stick with the "norm" for now? :)

Reactions: Blue_Nose_Bella

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this the same boy we were talking about? If so hes cute, dig his color. Did she decide on doing anything or just going to stick with the "norm" for now? :)
Hey KM! Yeah, that's him :) He put a few pounds back on and is doing well. She is going to switch him to TOTW in August after he turns a year :) For now she is going to start supplementing him with salmon oil, yogurt, and ACV. We had a LONG talk ;)

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
You may like this.......... Historical perspective of the great dane out of the bullenbizer/barrenbizer/doggen strains..

Asernes Æt Verasir.dk

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
OMG I do love the Harlequins, such a gorgeous guy and I'm glad you are helping out. I know Bowie is prolly loving it :D

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for the comments!! :) I love having a great dane as long as it doesn't live in my house :p. Anything big enough to clean off your kitchen counter is to much house dog for me! Nevermind the size of his :poop:....I am getting VERY conditioned excercising both my girl and the dane LOL!! I walked/jogged Bella 3 miles through the cemetary at 5:30 am this morning and then walked Bowie around the hood another 3 miles! My legs are like rocks! LMAO!!

Reactions: apbtmom76

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You may like this.......... Historical perspective of the great dane out of the bullenbizer/barrenbizer/doggen strains..

Asernes Æt Verasir.dk
Thanks for that link FH! I read some of it....gonna read the rest tonight after the kid goes to bed ;)

Reactions: Firehazard

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
LOL he is so cute, I miss my uncles great dane although I dont think they do lol. he used to think he was lap dog and would come and put a paw up on your lap and then the front end would be there and the back legs would sneak up somehow and before you knew it he was on your lap lol. And the drive by swipes he used to do when there was food on the tables was hilarious he was perfect height to grab and go without even stopping to think about it lol. they have such a great personality , just too bad the health issues with these guys are long.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys! I love the merlequins too! Pictures don't do this boy justice :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts