Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HOPE YOU ENJOY! :) NEW PICS FAR DOWN SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM

First off we will start with my Jaws. Current age almost 4 months! His birthday is between 18th-24th. Current weight 30+ lbs. Probably pushing 40.

8 weeks

First Car Show

Jaws Now

This is Tator with Jaws

I WILL GET SIDE SHOTS SOON!

This is Charlie. And he has a story.

He is a 1yr old golden/lab. I took him in from the neighbor that was throwing huge rocks at him early in the morning before I had work. I heard yelping outside, saw the man abusing the dog and ran downstairs. On the patio I jumped on our table and yelled at the man, "What the hell do you think your doing!?" he looked at me and wandered off. I went to see Charlie as he was huddled by our fence, I consoled him. Then the man asked if I wanted the dog. I said yes, and marched over to his house in my pj's. I brought Charlie home and worked with him. He was smart, learned to sit and lay down. He was the best hiking dog, lover water and could walk off the leash. He was protective and barked at strangers but then went up to them wagging his tail to investigate. He repayed me later on when we were hiking and I spotted a mountain lion. We pushed on ahead further away from were I saw it and later decided to go back, since it was the main way out of the creek bed. But Charlie refused, he whined and huffed standing his ground. We decided to find another way around and he stayed alert the whole way, barking a few times but we saw nothing. I had to give him up since our old dog was attacking him. He went to the Arizona Retriever connection where is in a foster that is looking to adopt him. I miss him but he has gone to live a better life.

This is my STAR WARZ. Reg name -Estrella. She is being conditioned to show in halter this year. She has many championships in western pleasure walk jog, and we have started english/jumping this year.

The champions, blues, and reds are hers. The others are won on different horses. She has way more now, this is an old pic.

And last but not least, we have Milos. He is about 4yrs, he was a stray that came to me and me only so I took him in. He now follows me around like a dog, is scared of new people, and can catch treats in his mouth like a dog.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Beautiful fur family you got there! Your horse is by far my favorite!!! Someday I will have one ;) So do you still have the dog that used to attack Charlie?? If so what if he starts attacking Jaws?? Were they both intact males by any chance? The reason I'm asking is because two intact males generally don't get along.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Your mare is gorgeous :)! I love a stocky horse, she has a nice hip, is she AQHA? I'm a horse nut myself, I have 6 of them. I don't show but do lots af trail riding.

Jaws is also adorable :)

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Looooove the horse! I am going to have one....someday. Cute fuzzy fam you have there!

·
Gotta Love Them Red Dogs!
487 Posts
Nice looking crew you got there;
I enjoy seeing the variety you have :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Blue_Nose_Bella - Charlie was fixed, and the dog doing the attacking was a 14yr old female. We have had her since she was a pup. It wasn't fair to either of them to be locked up, and I think Charlie used to be an inside dog. He had to stay outside do to his hair, He shed a lot. I also didnt know how he would be with cats, and he was to hyper with the dachshund. In giving him up he got a new start to a better life, the rescue had families lined up before they got him. I hear he is doing really well in his foster home and they picked out active hikers. So hopefully he gets to be the only family dog that can be inside and get the love and attention he deserves. :) It was sad to watch him go, but it was better for him. As for the dog that we had which was attacking him, he was the only dog she has ever gone after. She is fine with Jaws, he likes to try to jump on her and he nips at her face. But she recently ran away. -___- She has a unhealthy habit of stopping at nothing to run away.

indy- Lol she is a BLM mustang. A lot of people strangely think she is a QH, she does have a HUGE butt on her. She didn't have a butt when I got her. I've had Star since I was 14. I taught her all that she knows. We also do have more horses, we have another mustang, an APHA, a grade mare, and a little mini gelding. The APHA, mini and grade mare are all new additions this year. My younger sister wanted a younger horse so she got a free yearling APHA reg name. Factotum. My moms old horse passed away so she got the mini to show in halter and driving, and the grade mare to trail ride on. The other mustang is my older sisters horse and which Anna(the mustang) is now 22 this year I believe.

This is Star the first year I had her after she foaled. She has absolutely no muscle and looks sad.

This was two winters ago and she has bulked up a lot.

And a butt shot from this year, it doesn't do her justice! XD She is also being pestered by Luna the APHA yearling.

When we had her shipped from Cali we were told she could possibly be pregnant. She didn't look like it until 2 weeks before she was due and started to bag up. This is a picture of her foal, Candy. Candy passed away..before turning 2. She got a virus that killed her large intestine and she didn't make it. She was going to be my second show horse and follow in her moms foot steps. She could already jump, and could tuck her butt and do a sliding stop 5 ft long at about 4 months on her own free will.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Blue_Nose_Bella - Charlie was fixed, and the dog doing the attacking was a 14yr old female. We have had her since she was a pup. It wasn't fair to either of them to be locked up, and I think Charlie used to be an inside dog. He had to stay outside do to his hair, He shed a lot. I also didnt know how he would be with cats, and he was to hyper with the dachshund. In giving him up he got a new start to a better life, the rescue had families lined up before they got him. I hear he is doing really well in his foster home and they picked out active hikers. So hopefully he gets to be the only family dog that can be inside and get the love and attention he deserves. :) It was sad to watch him go, but it was better for him. As for the dog that we had which was attacking him, he was the only dog she has ever gone after. She is fine with Jaws, he likes to try to jump on her and he nips at her face. But she recently ran away. -___- She has a unhealthy habit of stopping at nothing to run away.
Well I'm glad you found him a great home :) That's to bad your girl ran away!! Will she come back on her own or do you go out on hunts to find her?? Geez.....I'd be a wreck if my dog ran away but I know a few people who have dogs like that. Every time the door opens they try to run out. Nutty dogs!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
She did this all last year she can get out of choke chains, and harness's. She has been chained to tree's and locked up. She will even go through cactus and rip at the fence with her teeth. We don't know why she wants out, but she always gets out. She has a fenced yard to be in and at 14yrs or she doesn't need that much exercise, yet she continues to dig out and run away. We stopped looking after last years episode. She usually comes home, followed by her companion. My parents have become frustrated with her since they spent a lot of money to expand the yard and put up more fencing. Only to have her run away all over again.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:D Jaws today! Look at that face, and those feets! Still unsure of his weight (30-40lbs) and he is probably 19inches tall now.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
:D Jaws today! Look at that face, and those feets! Still unsure of his weight (30-40lbs) and he is probably 19inches tall now.

WOW is he cute! My GF has a great dane and it looks like your boy may have some in him judging by his muzzle and feet! LOL

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was going to say he looks like he has dane in him too - very cute!

Sorry about your filly that had to be hard, she looks like she was a sweetheart. Was she a grulla or just faded from the sun? Your mare really does have a QH looking butt on her - I like it :).

This is my baby, Kaos. He just turned 1

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aww cute, what breed? She looks like a pony type, just judging by the curly hair.

Yeah she was a good baby, we could do anything with her. We were waiting for her to turn 2 to start saddle work. She was born a grulla color but changed into a sooty dun, my guess is she would lighten up a little more but stay a dun. Her dad was said to be a chocolate palomino QH. I never saw him though.

As for her butt I like it to XD I like the more stocky look, and she looks better with a bit of meat on her. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
He's a pinto, dam is APHA and sire unknown :( Mare was a rescue a friend took in already in foal. He should be a large pony, small horse when he matures.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He's a pinto, dam is APHA and sire unknown :( Mare was a rescue a friend took in already in foal. He should be a large pony, small horse when he matures.
How tall is the mom, and how tall is he now? There is nothing bad about small horses :p Star is barely 14 hands. Smaller horses are better in a way, they stop faster, turn sharper, our fall off is shorter, and they are more sure footed and less likely to fall themselves.

The only bad thing about their good qualities is that when it comes to them having bucking tantrums, you better know how to ride like a champ. The little horses can sure buck, spin, stop and twist in the blink of an eye XD It makes for fun entertainment if you put someone else on a horse that doesn't like other people riding them. I'm the only one that can ride Star. The last time my sister rode her, she almost bucked her off. She ended up in front of the saddle on her neck.:hammer:

·
Registered
40 Posts
How tall is the mom, and how tall is he now? There is nothing bad about small horses :p Star is barely 14 hands. Smaller horses are better in a way, they stop faster, turn sharper, our fall off is shorter, and they are more sure footed and less likely to fall themselves.

The only bad thing about their good qualities is that when it comes to them having bucking tantrums, you better know how to ride like a champ. The little horses can sure buck, spin, stop and twist in the blink of an eye XD It makes for fun entertainment if you put someone else on a horse that doesn't like other people riding them. I'm the only one that can ride Star. The last time my sister rode her, she almost bucked her off. She ended up in front of the saddle on her neck.:hammer:
Mom is 15hh and dad we don't know about, mom was a rescue and already in foal.

I have a 4 year old gelding that I'm the only one that can ride him without being thrown. My son got him and came off with a broken arm and a concussion :). I think it was more of a battle of egos than my gelding being a bronc, my son likes to be a 'cowboy' and Rebel doesn't play that game.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was asking how tall is the baby XP. I know a method to tell how tall he will be if he is a year old.

I love having a horse only I can ride XD And if I were a horse I wouldn't want a cowboy type to ride me either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts