·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
for real, I love your daughter's house shoes and Tonka is gorgeous :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks!! i got him 2 weeks ago.. He'll be a year old in 2 weeks...UKC registered.. Still thinkin about what kind of dry dog food to feed him.. The previous owner had him on Authority... Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
thanks!! i got him 2 weeks ago.. He'll be a year old in 2 weeks...UKC registered.. Still thinkin about what kind of dry dog food to feed him.. The previous owner had him on Authority... Any suggestions?
You'll get 50 answers. I personally like Blue Buffalo

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
how expensive is blue buffalo? I'm lookin for somethin in a 40lb bag, under $50.00
Check their site out. I get a 15 lb bag for 30, but you might want to check more foods out. There is a lot out there a good diet is pretty important. Lots of people usually don't care what they feed their dogs

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want to make sure he has a really good brand of dog food. I'm gettin him a back pack next week for walks. He weighs in at around 76lbs right now. thanks for your advice!!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
My boy eats blue buffalo and i love the outcome of the food my other dogs eat it too, i am happy with it they love it all is good :D

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Depends on activity, weight, age, type of food, etc. 4 May be ok. Usually when you buy a bag it will have feeding guidelines on back

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks. I just want him to be muscular and healthy. Can you occasionally give them actual cooked chicken breasts and fruits or veggies?

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
yes and cooked chicken, beef, ham, and any kind of fruits and veggies, dangit where is this list, any fruits but grapes or raisins, and no nuts of some kind, grrrr someone help out, my white boy is a total fruit bat, lol

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Wow! I love hims! He is gorgeous! Welcome to GP! Ah, my suggestion for food is to research RAW thoroughly and gradually transition him. It is everything that he needs and nothing he doesn't. :)

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Thanks. I just want him to be muscular and healthy. Can you occasionally give them actual cooked chicken breasts and fruits or veggies?
Yep. And as ATL stated raw is another option. I tried it, but was easier for me to do dry food. I dont know about other brands, but Blue Buffalo has fruits in it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone for all your advice!!! So does anyone else know of another kind of good dog food to feed him thats a 40lb bag under $50.00? He's too good of a dog to feed him crappy food that his previous owners gave him...(Authority)

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Cooking food takes out the nutrients. Dogs are carnivores and fruits and vegetables aren't needed and unless they are in the pureed form they can't access the nutrients that can be beneficial.

We have a health section with lots of info :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts