1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ciara

Nala

Kaos

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
They are very cute. Are the pups littermates?

Just a note, not sure if you're working on it and no offence intended, but I would really try and take some weight off of your white dog. :(

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
They are very cute. Are the pups littermates?

Just a note, not sure if you're working on it and no offence intended, but I would really try and take some weight off of your white dog. :(
No offense taken, we are well aware that she's a fatty and needs to lose some, or a lot, of weight. We're working on it but Big Mama (that's her new nickname now that we have the babies) like her food! We are working on more and more exercise with her now that the horrible heat has finally broken. Plus she's a lot more active with the pups and we've been taking her to see her cousin, a 9 month old chocolate lab, whom she cannot keep up with! We've also been taking her swimming. We're hoping with watching her food intake to make sure it at least doesn't increase combined with the increased activity will help bring her weight down. She gained some the past few months when we lost her brother (not littermate but we had him first) in July too.

The pups are littermates so if anyone has any suggestions on raising littermates, I am all ears! We keep them separated to eat and sleep and they seem to be bonding to my husband and I very, very well along with Big Mama (which I've read can be a moderating influence on littermates and their bond) but any tips would be welcome!

Thanks for all the compliments on my furbabies!

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Sounds like you're doing everything right both with the weight loss and avoiding Littermate Syndrome. Good luck with your pups! :)

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3 month pics

Here's some updated pics of the pups and Ciara aka Big Mama - pups have been doing awesome and Big Mama is down some weight! We go to the vet tomorrow with the babies to get our last round of puppy shots, Rabies vaccine, and to get them both chipped. So excited to get finished with the shots so we can finally get out and about and do tons of socialization!

Here's everyone chillin' out outside

Nala

Nala again - they have both learned they can jump and are now jumping up on EVERYTHING! Needless to say everything was moved off the desk even though we don't leave them unsupervised unless they are crated.

All pooped out

·
Super Moderator
5,335 Posts
Dang those pups are cute. I love the puppy stage even though it's the most work. Thanks Ciaramama for the update pictures. Beautiful animals, all three.

Joe

·
Registered
34 Posts
So cute yeah my puppy found out about the jumping to and she is 15 weeks old so just a week under 4 months. So or puppy's are about the sane age. How much did your pups weight at there lay vist? I was late with her last visit. Just_enter yesterday and she was 28 lbs

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So cute yeah my puppy found out about the jumping to and she is 15 weeks old so just a week under 4 months. So or puppy's are about the sane age. How much did your pups weight at there lay vist? I was late with her last visit. Just_enter yesterday and she was 28 lbs
That's a cute pic! My pups went for their 3 month visit and were 17.5 lbs for Nala and 15.5lbs for Kaos. Kaos made a huge gain as he was the runt of the litter but you can no longer see his spine or his hip bones. Not sure what they will be at our next visit. They go on October 28 and turn 4 mos on October 29!

And they are getting better at jumping! They got on the bed today without the aid of the chair and this is what happened:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
LMAO cute pups. looks like they saved you from an exploding pillow, good job pups :)

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A few new pics. We went for our 4 month appointment and Nala is weighing in at 26lbs with Kaos close behind at 23 lbs. They are growing nicely and even though "Naughty Nala" and "King Kaos" can be the naughtiest little puppies, they are the cutest ever and one can't even get mad at them! Ciara is also consistently losing some of her weight so all good news all the way around!

Nala & Kaos

Ciara

Nala, Ciara, & Kaos

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lil mud balls

My two little mud balls after an hour or so out playing in the rain and mud!

Nala

Kaos

And naughty Nala caught on the table in the mud room!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
love her Wrinkle brows so cute :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
OMG, they are sooo cute

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just a few pics

Ciara outside playing with her favorite toy

Ciara pouting because I had to go to work:

Sleepy pack, Ciara with Kaos and Nala at the bottom:

·
Super Moderator
5,335 Posts
Wow, look how big Kaos and Nala are! They grow WAY to quick. Couldn't look sweeter lying there with Ciara. Looks like Ciara and Kaos are cuddling. Thanks for sharing with us Jess.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Outside fun in the beautiful weather

A few updated pics of everyone outside playing and enjoying this stretch of beautiful weather we've been having here in PA. You would never know it's February. This coming Thursday temps are expected to reach about 74! I'll definitely take it and all three are LOVING it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts