Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my lil guy, Samson. He's a week short of 6 months, he's about 43lbs .....full of energy and always eager to play with anyone around him. It's kind of weird because everyone tells me how big he has gotten but I still see the same puppy I bought so long ago...he looks tiny still to me , ...hard to see him realistically I guess since I see him like a lil baby.

Well I took some pics tonight (crappy cell) , he's a spoiled guy ..sleeps most of the time with me , every now and then with my 16 year old son. He even has his own bedroom for when I'm at work and kid is in school.

Best dog on earth, .....I would never buy any other breed.

horrible quality lol

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I have to agree not the best pictures but the subject matter makes up for it. Samson is adorable!!! I love his name and his markings. Sounds as if Samson has the best home his own room!! man that is living the high life.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
very sweet boy you have htere , thanks for sharing with us ;)

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Such a handsome boy! Glad he is spoiled :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here are some better shots from today

he s in great shape i think for a puppy...almost 6 mos ..... i just walk him and feed him high protein diet and add cubes of fat to control his weight (he eats when he s hungry only....sometimes once a day sometimes 3.... )

anyways hope these pics a lil better

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Just be careful with the cubes of fat , its the same for dogs as it is for people and can cause some health issues down the line, A lil fat is ok but not on a regular, especially with the high protein diet. What do you feed now? a good quality kibble should be enough especially for a pup who isnt able to fully work out like an adult could.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Wow beautiful eyes!!! Looking good :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
samson has a very unique feeding schedule....i started him on the 3 times a day...but i noticed from weeks 10-14 that he just never ate the same amount of food per day...so i started free feeding him and he only eats when he s hungry.

he was a bit underweight in the beginning and he wouldnt overeat ever so he was always a bit too thin, so i introduced the fat and got him to the shape he is in right now.....which i think for a puppy he is in phenomenal shape .....now that i think he is in good shape i cut back and he maintains as he develops.....i have fed him mainly SYNERGY that has about 28% protein , no grain etc etc.... and Blue Buffallo wilderness...that has 34% protein etc etc.... i dont feed him scraps or junk....only treats he gets are oral higiene ones .... he s active , we go for 2 mile walks couple times a week..... so ive tried to let him be as much of himself as he wants to be .

im seriously in awe of this dog, .....would never own anything other than an APBT again....intelligence, love, energy, just best dog ever..... im seriously speechless about him

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
You are right, the first batch of pics do no justice to him. That's one adorable little red head you got there!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts