Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Brenda I havent been on in a while. We lost our Ginger 10-18-11 and its been so hard. I have been heart broken. I miss her so much. But my heart is getting better we just got a new baby :) Her name is Pumpkin shes almost 9 weeks old and such a joy ! I know shes not my Ginger and never will be but shes pretty close.Our home was not a home without a pitty. So as soon as I can put a picture up I will so you can see our JOY !

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Hi and welcome! Sorry for your loss......May I ask what happened to her? Old age? It's always hard to lose our beloved pets. I'm glad your heart is mending and definitely put up some pics when you get a chance :welcome:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Our Ginger had cancer :( She had a mast cell stage 2 on the side of her rib cage removed about 4 years ago. The vet said that when and if comes back it could be bad and go anywhere. Well it did her liver. But I can tell you those last 4 years were great. And if I had to do it all over and spend even more money I would do it again ! So many people told us to put her to sleep when we first found out. I couldnt believe some of my friends were saying that to me !And when she got better I told them to kiss my a$$. I had a love for that dog and she loved me. It was so hard to watch her go but I know shes with me still. She was 13 almost 14 in April best dog I have ever had. We got her at 7 weeks. I miss her but I know shes not in pain.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
13 years is a good long run for these dogs. You were blessed to have been able to enjoy those last years with her. We lost our dog Brutus on Halloween 2010 from cancer. He was only ten and it hurt for a long time. Still does. Having Loki helped us heal though.

Glad to hear your heart is mending. And please post pictures when you get the chance :)

·
Registered
816 Posts
sorry to hear....i had a bassett 14 yrs....she had so many tumors in the end..many vet visits to remove...not good last month b4 we had to put her down.

but with every leaf that falls a new one is born....enjoy your puppy and show us both of them so we can celebrate them both. \

happy monday!

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
so sorry fr your ginger, but I am so happy you have a new pup to help ease the pain. It will never be the same, but I hope she brings you laughs every day which will help. Post up some pictures when you have a chance!

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
I'm so sorry for you loss... Welcome to the forum and congrats on the pup!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts