Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's definitely a cutie, and full of trouble but for the most part he's just a goofball. You'd think with the squished face he couldn't chew much, but you'd be wrong! I think he's taken a bite of just about everything in the house lol.

·
Administrator
4,835 Posts
Adorable!! I have two of my own. They are chew machines. I get them the Yak Milk Chews to keep that nonsense under control. They also have a ginormous basket full of a billion toys and chews. Shorty Bull is def my breed of choice too. Love their energy and clown like personalities. What kennel is he out of? Just curious. I have a New Heritage Bulldog's pup out of Atlanta and a Bingham's Bulldogs pup out of Webster Florida.
Welcome to GP and make sure you keep sharing Reuben pics!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll have to look into those chews, for sure. I love how silly he is, he makes me smile every day! As far as what kennel he's from, I'm actually not sure. He was given to us by one of my husband's coworkers, and all that we really know is he's about a year old and a shorty bull. We live in Kansas, when I searched for shorty bull breeders near me several came up but I couldn't tell if he was one of their puppies or not. We love him no matter what so it probably doesn't matter too much, but I am definitely very curious!

·
Administrator
4,835 Posts
You can get them on Amazon. They also make this thing called a Jughead that holds the chews and makes it even harder for them to chew them up fast.
He's incredibly cute regardless of how he's bred. I was just curious. I like his better formed muzzle a lot. He reminds me of Torc, my dog from Bingham's Bulldogs here in FL. I'm a fan of good breathing which comes from good breeding. LOL! I look forward to having more Shorty Bulls on here. :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked them out, I will definitely be buying some to try! I love that they're only 3 ingredients, Reuben has an extremely sensitive stomach and can't handle any food or treats with a lot of chemicals and junk in it. I'll ask my husband to ask his coworker if he remembers what kennel they got him from, if I find out I'll let you know 😊 And I agree, the more Shorty Bulls the better!

·
Registered
85 Posts
We prefer female dogs. Have had some awesome males, all gifts.
Our latest is Conner, chocolate male, APBT.
Looks like you got an awesome gift!!
Hope to hear about the other two as well.
Aside from Conner, we have Pugs #8-9, Kylee and Pheobe as well as Willow, the one eyed wonder, Mini Aussie.
And a large assortment of other critters.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We definitely did! He's been a great playmate to our 1 year old puggle, Rosie, she's the darker one in the group photo. Our older puggle Trooper is about 12 now so he's not too interested in running around the yard and house with her, but Reuben definitely is lol.

Sounds like you have a full house! I think Conner is very handsome, I saw the photo of him trying to fit into the bed, silly boy!

Here's some more pictures of everybody 😊 It's easier to get photos of Reuben when he's sleeping lol.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Dog supply Fawn

Dog Carnivore Comfort Fawn Dog supply

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Pug Fawn

Dog Dog supply Dog breed Collar Carnivore

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Iris Companion dog

Dog Dog supply Dog breed Dog clothes Carnivore

·
Administrator
4,835 Posts
Sarah, Reuben is adorable! I love a good shorty! Like Eckomac, I would be curious to find out where he came from because I too like the look of him. I have a shorty in Colorado, but she is related to the one Eckomac got in Atlanta, so not a locally bred dog. View attachment 91379
Spider is coming along beautifully!! I'm so glad her ears didn't bat. She looks fantastic!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dog Plant Vertebrate Dog breed Carnivore

Dog Carnivore Floor Flooring Fawn

Spider is looking cool on her skateboard 😎 Reuben has bat ears but I don't mind, I think it suits him just like droopy ears suit Spider ❤

I still haven't been able to get any info on where he was bred, but I will keep you guys updated!

My family came to visit and brought their dogs, unfortunately one of them is a bit aggressive and got into a big fight with Reuben, both dogs only had scratches but were still seen by a vet. I definitely should have been managing things better and they were seperated 24/7 for the rest of the visit. He's still happy and doesn't seem bothered by the scratches, but it has caused a bit of an ongoing problem behaviorally. Now when someone comes over and my puggles start barking, he gets a bit overstimulated I think and will redirect it towards the puggles. No blood drawn but lots of growling and snapping. Otherwise he is completely perfect with them, so I just make sure that when someone is stopping by that he is separate and they have time to get all that energy out before they can be together again.

Other then that, he's been a very happy boy and is really bonding with all of us, I work from home so I get to spend a lot of time with him.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts