Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cool kitty, as opposed to my batcrap crazy kitty, has been missing since Thursday. I'm getting a little more peeved about it every day. I'm sticking with peeved right now cause it's a lot more motivating and manageable than sad or upset.

I don't think he's been hit or hurt - I think someone has him. I've posted on craigslist and telephonepole.org, I've made flyers and interacted with and harassed the street druggies and ghetto birds in the area. Both my husband and I have walked miles shaking his treat can and listening hard for him. I've staked out a dope house down the street where one of the kids has a rep for stealing cats and even checked out their windows at night. I don't think he's there.

He's neutered and has all his claws but he's not a fighter and he doesn't go far. He's very cautious about his own safety and wary of crossing the street or being vulnerable to strange animals. Unlike my nutty female cat who doesn't have her front claws and fears no man, beast or machine and has tangled with all and lived to tell the tale. She climbs trees and drags home dead rabbits that are at least equal her weight. She's been mauled, hit by a car, locked in a garage for days in the summer, jumped out of 3rd story windows and I've been as emotionally and mentally prepared as possible for years to the likelihood of just not seeing her any more one day. She's made it 13 years so far living every day like it might be her last.

Rodney, on the other hand is never reckless, violent, or stupid. I'm not in any way prepared to write him off and never imagined being in this situation. I want my cat back.

Anybody got any suggestions beyond what we're already doing?

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this :( I hope you can find him. Make sure you post fliers in all the vets around your area just in case someone has him, they may try taking him to a vet and will get caught. I had a neutered male cat go missing and just magically show back up 6 months later looking health and totally fine. I hope your cat doesn't stay gone that long but I'm sure he'll be back.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I am so sorry for what your going through. So sad. Make sure to call your local shelter and ask your neighbors. My neighbor lost her cat and 3 weeks later she was asking around and 2 blocks over someone had taken it in thinking it was a stray. good luck!!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I'm sorry about your cat but its a chance you take when they go outside. I am always telling my friend next door to keep her cat indoors but she says she can't because he drives her crazy. I've lost cats over the years to stray dogs killing them and being hit by cars. I will never let a cat outside ever again because of that. I hope you find him :( stay positive and keep ur chin up :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's still missing but I'm not giving up hope. And I know the risks involved with letting cats roam. We kept him mostly inside for the first few years we had him, but with a semi-feral cat that HAS to go out and dogs in and out, not to mention the constant stream of contractors it was a battle we eventually ceded.

To be honest I never expected our semi-feral to make it as many years as she has. And I never expected Rodney to be the one to be hurt. I still don't think he's been hurt, I honestly believe that he's in someones' home. He came to us as a stray about 8 years ago so he does have some "street savvy". And he's very cautious about his own safety and vulnerability. He likes to walk the dogs with us, but he'll only go so far - he's given himself a very limited territory. And even when he's with me and the dogs he still gives neighborhood dogs that are behind fences a wide berth, walking on the opposite side of the alley. He's really not one to wander into the street or be unaware of potential danger.

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
I would suggest adding "reward" to any and all posters and adds if you haven't already. Both of my cats are micro chipped and collard just in case they get out.

I hope you find him. Losing a pet is a horrible thing to go through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your furry friend. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts