Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Without a pedigree you cannot tell. We can only make a guess but who cares? Call it a pit mix or a mutt. Love it , feed it ,train it and be proud of it. Along with being a responsible owner because even if it has no APBT in it if it looks similar to one then anything bad or good it does will represent the breed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without a pedigree you cannot tell. We can only make a guess but who cares? Call it a pit mix or a mutt. Love it , feed it ,train it and be proud of it. Along with being a responsible owner because even if it has no APBT in it if it looks similar to one then anything bad or good it does will represent the breed.
It is my dog, i love it, i take care of it and i''m proud of it...but i just want your opinion about the breed, that's all.. i didn't say if it's not an original APTB i will get rid of it...is still my dog even if it is a chiwawa.. But thanks anyway...

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Looks mixed to me but hard to tell off those pics , and cant always tell. Like said above without papers cant really ever tell for sure. Cute pup though , Im sure you will still find this forum very useful regardless of if he is pure or not. :) Welcome ..

·
Registered
798 Posts
I wish there were better pictures. There is no way of knowing 100% if it is mixed with what we think it is. For when to mix breeds come together, sometimes they turn out to look like a different breed. I see a bit of german shepherd (very little) and a little bit of lab...
though, again it could be two different mix dogs the produce a pup that looks like a mix of something the parents arent even mixed with

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
^ What they said-- & CUTE pup!
I don't think Absolute Peril was being rude though-- was just pointing out what everyone is going to say. Without a pedigree, no one will be able to tell you if your dog is truly an APBT. The breed can have so many different colors, and so many mixes can look like one that it is impossible to tell you for certain.

But he made a good point-- because your dog DOES resemble the breed, anything that happens with your dog will impact our breed (whether it's good or negative). Your dog looks great, and welcome to the forum!! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts