Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know he is not a Pit Bull, but he was my best friend. Silas, a basset/lab mix died today. He was 16 years old. He will be dearly missed by me and my 2 Pits. I traveled across country with him 6 times and have seen so much with him.
August 6,1997 - January 5,2014.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,314 Posts
Jeremy you have my deep condolance. I went through this with a 15 year old companion a year and a half ago. Believe me, it will get better it just takes time to turn those tears into a smile and fond memories. Hang in there buddy.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Warm regards and prayers to you and yours. Losing a pet is never an easy thing.

we are what we do repeatedly. excellence is then not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
So ao sorry for your loss. I hope it gets easier for you I'm glad you have you two pups to try and ease the pain.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
scratchin hard
2,147 Posts
Jb, its ruff rite now i know,but keep the good times in your head and it'll get better.. Losing one is a hard pill to take!

But you'll meet him again!

Rip ol boy! You deserve it!

·
Registered
588 Posts
The beauty about dogs is that they'll never lie to you.... The best friends you'll ever have in life.

... and having 16 years of honesty and amazing sights with your best friend should keep you smiling. Those are years you will keep closest to your heart.

With that said, I am SO sorry for your loss. Hearing about dogs passing is never easy even as an outsider its still so heartbreaking.

Condolences.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry for our loss. I know the feeling. I lost a pup a few weeks ago only after having her for 2 months. We have a 16 year old Lhasa Apso that's a butthead but he is very much part of our family. He is ailing and I know he won't be with us much longer. Take care.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help you in this difficult moment. Hope u remember the good times you both had and keep them with u forever!

A drink in his memory:beer:

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Awww he had such a sweet face :) I'm very sorry the loss of a great friend...I very much know the pain you feel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts