Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog is American staffordshire terrier and he had injury of his ear so he has Cauliflower ear , And now that ear is flattened and fallen down, but he is doing fine, we didn't go to operation for that, and now that ear is now swallen and he recovered naturally as much as he could from that ear... i know his ear will never be the same but that is fine by me...what is my concern is that he has started losing so much hair in past 5-6months, he is losing it rapidly. But he is full of hair he is not losing hair in patches or anything, it is just he drops lot of hair by shaking or when i touch him and that is lot of hair, but somehow his original hair looks like it is growing since he doesn't look like he is losing hair at all until you touch him. Then you realize it is very much..i maybe think that is because of the Cauliflower ear that he has or maybe some kind of infection? What is you experience with American Staffordshire Terrier and can you help me in some way?
Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Take him to the vet for blood work if it seems that bad to you.
Rule of thumb when dealing with animals is that when nutrition is lacking, or illness is present skin, and coat are generally the first signs.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Agree with the above could be food based reaction, illness or even allergies. Change in seasons can make symptoms appear when otherwise would not have. No change in cleaning products or laundry detergent? Maybe your pups immune system is down or busy trying to heal from the surgery still.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
What region are you from and what kinda conditions does your dog spend his day in?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts