Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am posting this thread because about 2 weeks ago I believe my dog was bit by something on his neck and now there is a really nasty huge pimple like that's really numb on his neck.

I believe it may have been a tick that I possibly removed but the head my still be inside and I don't know.

I took him to the Vet and spent $135 on the visit and medication the vet prescribed to try and heal the bite but it's been two days and I don't see a big change.

As I did research online I am scared that it may be lyme disease because I do take him in the woods almost everyday and sometimes he chases deer and I know deer ticks carry lyme disease. I am praying that it's not though and It's only on his neck.

Here are some pictures:

If anybody knows what this is or if it has happened to your dog please give me some advise on how to cure it because It's destroying me not knowing if it will go away.

He also tries to scratch it a lot but I have wrapped it so he doesn't.

Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would give the meds the vet gave you a little more time to work. How long is he supposed to be on the meds?
Didn't really say, I'm going to use them until they run out.

I live in the Bronx, NY and it's sad because it's difficult to find a decent vet that doesn't charge an arm an a leg for a 15 minute visit. With that said, the vet was a fucking douchebag.....

Hopefully it heals but it's really worrying me.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Awwww looks like you have a very handsome dog! Post some pics of him in the picture section! We love pictures around here :)

I also would just give it time. After the meds are done and it still looks like that then I would get a second opinion.

When you go into the woods spray your dog down with some lavender essential oil mist or even get some flea/tick spray.

Keep us posted!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awwww looks like you have a very handsome dog! Post some pics of him in the picture section! We love pictures around here :)

I also would just give it time. After the meds are done and it still looks like that then I would get a second opinion.

When you go into the woods spray your dog down with some lavender essential oil mist or even get some flea/tick spray.

Keep us posted!
I've got a few pictures of him up, and thanks! He is very handsome.

The bite infection has also started to heal, I'm so relieved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts