Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, three weeks ago we had Gacy, Shaolin and their 10 puppies in the house.

Two weeks ago we let Shao go stay at a friends house while she got spayed and to let her relax. Pups were driving her nuts and she looked terrible.:( (vet that spayed her did confirm demodex btw. I guess the other vet was a moron)

So, we had Gacy and pups in the house. Gacy is an excellent puppy baby sitter. He herded his pups, licked on them and would lie on his back while they all "attacked" him. Weirdest thing I have ever seen.

Then, Roy brings home Bishop, who is 11 weeks old. Now we have had other dogs come and go and it has never affected Gacy, but from the start, he was not thrilled with Bishop. The first evening he tried to mount him over and over and when Roy scolded him, he looked Roy in the eye and walked over to the shop vac and marked it. Gacy has never marked in the house- EVER. Roy didnt say a word, and Gacy hasnt done it again- yet.

We started letting Gacy sleep in bed with us, which we hadnt done in a long time, but I thought it would make him feel better, plus we have to buy a new crate. He's going back in the crate at night as soon as we get one this week.

So now, all the pups, except for one were picked up this past weekend, and its just Gacy and Bishop and the Christmas pup hanger on. Bishop is now 12 weeks old. Gacy ignores Bishop unless Bishop tries to take a toy from him and he growls lightly. Bishop is food aggressive with the little pup, Gacy doesnt bother eating until both pups are out of the kitchen. The little pup is papertrained so now Bishop is paper trained and he is TOO big to be goin on the paper!

We are a mess! I have a few questions-

We are having Gacy nuetered, will this help Bishop and him get along?
Why would a 12 week old pup be food aggressive with another pup? (its not for lack of food here or at his previous home)
Will someone please beat my husband over the head with a breaking stick?:hammer:

Oh, I forgot- our friends are keeping Shaolin. She's chillin there, being treated for her demodex, getting spoiled, etc. AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gacy has also started hiding his bones and toys again. He hasnt done this in forever. He never hid them from Shaolin. He "digs" in the sofa cushions, the laundry baskets, the covers on the bed, where ever he can hid his stuff, he does.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts