Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the past few weeks my dog has been limping on one of her rear legs.

i checked for cuts and stuff, took her to the vet but still can't figure out whats wrong.
vet gave me some meds and told me to get a xray if shes not get better after shes done with the meds.

jus looking for some advice.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Do you crate her? If not I would if she pulled something you want to limit her mobility and have her resting , or put her on a leash if your sitting watching tv and let her chill with you. Also only take her out to potty on leash so she doesnt have the chance to run or do something to re injur herself again. how long has she been on the meds? and what did he give her to take? most likely she just needs alot of rest.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I would take her to the vet or a different vet and have xrays done. 2-3 wks of limping doesn't sound good to me.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
My girl did the same thing last week on her front leg... I put her on crate rest cause I couldn't figure out what was wrong... She is gradually getting better but tomorrow she goes to see the vet since she's still limping...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
My girl did somethin like that to me last Saturday. Been doin crate rest Epsom salt baths at night and aspirin 2x a day... Helpin here but if u have had this problem an extended period of time I'm with sharon- get that pup in and get xrays done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts