Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
You guys get allergies in CA? Not trying to be a wise ass, lol. I know seasonal allergies suck and my boy went through them until I found a food that worked. On bad days they still act up, not sure if the food helps him tackle the bumps and what not better. Anyway, Benedryl will be instant help, I did that until the allergy season was over and then dealt with the food aspect. He has not had to take meds this season yet (knock on wood)

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Just regular benadryl,, like in the allergy section. i used the CVS generic form, my boy was about 63 lbs last year and I gave him 3 pills a day, 3 times a day for a total of 75mg at a time, for 2 days then I went to 2 pills 3 times a day and then tried 1 pill 3 times and his licking and head shaking came back, I eventually had him on 2 pills 2 times a day and it was good. Usually 1 pill every 20 lbs I think it details it here. The beginning extra dose was to get it in his system and working faster.
http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/36474-tempests-allergy-diary.html

have you changed anything laundry detergent, floor cleaner, anything that he has contact with to rule out environmental allergies?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts