Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not quite lol...

I'm taking a digtal design class and our instructor had us create a Magazine Cover about our interests, and Although I had rather not, we had to include a photo of outselves on the cover... So well this was mine. I like it alot, and although my dogs may never make it big, much less a magazine cover, it was fun to pretend.

What do you guys think?

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
Looks good to me. Hope it works out well in your class.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It did. I got the grade for it. An "A" :)))

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
I am a graphic designer. I love your idea and the pictures are great. Your topics are also good. However it is too cluttered and too many different fonts were used. In the world of graphic design less is more :) since you asked what we think, I gave my honest opinion:thumbsup: yay for more graphic designers! :woof:

Reactions: Odin`s_BlueDragon

·
End-F0rum-Communism
717 Posts
I like it, my favorite part is where it shows the apbt pulling and the ABKC dogs with a guard pose.

I like it alot

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
I am a graphic designer. I love your idea and the pictures are great. Your topics are also good. However it is too cluttered and too many different fonts were used. In the world of graphic design less is more :) since you asked what we think, I gave my honest opinion:thumbsup: yay for more graphic designers! :woof:
My girlfriend is graduating this fall in Graphic Design! I also second Coach opinion.. I think its a great concept but i feel like you had too many ideas and not enough room which equaled clustered.. Of course, this is also coming from someone that believes less is more, in general.

I will say i've seen much worse (in my opinion, not a professional designer or anything) in "professional" settings. Overall, i can dig it.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
i third ur opinion. lol

OP, im no graphic designer but i did take 3 years of commercial art and a year of AP art in high school and several classes in college. i love the pics u did a great job cropping them out and making them look good and not have funny outlines around them. fun fonts can be distracting and at times even a lil hard to read. but thats just my 2 cents ;)

and i love me some Crenshaw's Jeep in that upper right hand. one of my favs :D

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
the chick on the cover is hot

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
looks good! Love the top makes me wanna keep reading. Like other's said kind lots going on and whats up with the chick humping the pole? I don't know what I think about that lol Also heartwarming rescue is harder to read than the info about her story inside, I would try to swap the yellow box on the "headline" more than the rest since that's more attention grabbing.

I was a graphic Designer for a magazine for a few years before I switched to focus on hardware and servers and what not. Always do calendars and web design for my friends though, I LOVE IT lol

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
a little off topic but today i got to see that picture of jeep, like the actual photo taken. its a small world for sure lol

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I like it! I would read that mag lol

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
I like it too!! I would definitely buy it ;)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She is just posing by a wood column. That was a high school senior picture of myself. The instructor said we had to use a photo of our self. I'm a Biology major.. This was just a fun class :) Thanx for the comments.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
She is just posing by a wood column. That was a high school senior picture of myself. The instructor said we had to use a photo of our self. I'm a Biology major.. This was just a fun class :) Thanx for the comments.
hahaha on no! that is a great picture of you! I am sorry I was just making a joke, a bad one, I apologize if you were offended. It really was great and I would have totally bought your magazine if it was for real and I saw it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lmao. Its ok no biggie. I appreciate everyone's "would buy". I was thinking it be cool to design like all the pages that would be in a mag like such, and print it on mag paper and then put it together. Of course I couldn't sell it, but for myself, it would be neat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts