Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myles; 12 months 85lbs

Kilie; 13 months 46lbs

Ill have to take new ones soon as ive slowly started conditioning (minor due to age) and already a significant difference, got to love genetics! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
So thats what a banddog is?? What is it? lol

Lab x Greyhound cross comes to mind from the black dogs pic. No foul intended

·
Registered
471 Posts
Love them .. I love black dogs =] kind of a passion of mine and myles shiny black coat just makes him really stick out to me=D

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So thats what a banddog is?? What is it? lol

Lab x Greyhound cross comes to mind from the black dogs pic. No foul intended
Bandogges are part apbt and part mastiff, however for me to earn the right they must have a strong will and drive to work and most of all be worked.. Myles in particular has APBT (Carver/Jeep) and Great Dane (dutchman/meistersinger.. also hence the smaller build than typically seen)

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
It's amazing how deceptive pics can be. I'd never have guessed there was such a weight difference between the two when they seem to be so close in size! They're looking good!

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's amazing how deceptive pics can be. I'd never have guessed there was such a weight difference between the two when they seem to be so close in size! They're looking good!
Tell me about it! :roll:
Standing side by side Myles is actually 4 or so inches taller, just a few months ago it was hard to believe he weighed as much as he did because he looked so skinny. Which the pictures of them with their 2'' collars was taken earlier this year. The other ones about a month ago.
Ill have to take some new pictures soon and post them up, ill try to remember and get some side by side to truly show the size difference.

·
Registered
536 Posts
gorgeous dogs! :D

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
How do they get the name bandogges

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Nice looking dogs. The black one looks like a black lab/great dane mix to me. All the bandogges I've been around have been more mastiff looking and fawn or brindle in color.My friend has a presa canario/mastiff cross and he has been referred to as one. But she calls him a mutt lol!

Very shiny black boy you have. Looks happy :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
How do they get the name bandogges
The term refers to a mastiff type breed that was chained by day and released to protect against intruders at night. At least that is what the description on line states ;)

The estimated expected range of foundation breeds (average) commonly seen in breeding programs is usually (primarily) 25-75% APBT or bull terrier and the same percentage for neopolitan mastiff or dogue de bordeaux (secondary group). Also used in some breeding programs is American bulldog, boerboel, bull mastiff, cane corso, fila brasileiro, presa, dogo, tosa, english mastiff and a few others.....from what I have learned from other owners I know is that the bloodlines originally consisted of a bull baiting dog and a guardian mastiff breed.

Reactions: redog

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Good looking dogs :D

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice looking dogs. The black one looks like a black lab/great dane mix to me. All the bandogges I've been around have been more mastiff looking and fawn or brindle in color.My friend has a presa canario/mastiff cross and he has been referred to as one. But she calls him a mutt lol!

Very shiny black boy you have. Looks happy :)
I can assure you theres no lab in him, lol

Thanks everyone. Kilie is just as shiny but of course you cant tell that with her color as well. :)

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
The 0ld Danes used to look like your black boy, they were sturdy and well put together. UNlike the skinny, twig tall legged Danes in the show ring nowdays. I know theres a few working ones somewhere around. I bet you the black boy is fast, he looks it. How is he with strangers?

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The 0ld Danes used to look like your black boy, they were sturdy and well put together. UNlike the skinny, twig tall legged Danes in the show ring nowdays. I know theres a few working ones somewhere around. I bet you the black boy is fast, he looks it. How is he with strangers?
Yeah Great Danes used to be considered well bred at 80 - 120lbs, slowly over time theyve been bred bigger and bigger and now you see ridiculous 200+ ones out and about.

He has significant drive and yep, fast. Hes going to start heavy training with p&p/guarding after about a year and half or so, right now im getting him ready for the work ahead and he takes to it naturally. Im waiting to go full on with it since Great Danes are known for maturing slower than most breeds so i don't want to risk any health problems later on in life.

At home hes protective, slightly weary with strangers however sums up every situation based on my body language and my approval. Love kids and people so long as approved.

While out if im talking to anyone he sits beside me but on the person im talking to side and just watches. If approved hes friendly towards whoever, if not he stands his ground with confidence and waits for the next command.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Leggy Joker's you have! The black dog's coat is gorgeous! They are both very nice looking doggies ;)
Thanks Sadie, cant wait to make them start earning theyre keep! :rofl:

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Good looking dogs.I bet that bandog would be a sick catch dog

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
cute dogs, love the second picture of Kilie, the expression is great!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts