Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Gotta Love Them Red Dogs!
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you who know me (outside of the forum that is) know that aside of APBT's that reptiles are a passion of mine, especially bearded dragons. So here is my boys, I just rescued my 2nd boy yesterday from a crappy situation.

First, Torch--He came from a breeder all the way in Alabama called Bama Dragons and I paid to have him shipped to me in FL. Couldn't be happier with the way he is maturing, he is only 6 months and his colors are already stunning. If you know about reptiles you know they get brighter with every shed when growing. :)

& then there is Koopa, my new rescue. He is an escape artist and the people who had him previously didn't use proper supplements or lighting so he has a permanant underbite.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Torch is gorgeous! I love bearded dragons and plan on owning one in the near future. Glad you saved the other guy. Poor thing!

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
I love beardies. I had one a while back. She passed. :( Now she is tattooed on my leg. One day I'll get another. Just waiting for the right time in life to get another.
Your boys are gorgeouse and I think Koopa's underbite gives him charector. :)
I'm sure there was no way you could resist him when you found out about that underbite too. LOL!

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool girl!
Thanks woman- :)
Torch is gorgeous! I love bearded dragons and plan on owning one in the near future. Glad you saved the other guy. Poor thing!
Thanks, he is my buddy. Has a awesome personality. & as far as Koopa, ya he definetly needed to come home with me, but he will be all good now :)
I love beardies. I had one a while back. She passed. :( Now she is tattooed on my leg. One day I'll get another. Just waiting for the right time in life to get another.
Your boys are gorgeouse and I think Koopa's underbite gives him charector. :)
I'm sure there was no way you could resist him when you found out about that underbite too. LOL!
They are awesome lil' buggers, sorry about your girl :(
I am getting a female from a friend when she hatches her next clutch so I may end up with some babies, if so I will let you know first. ;)
Koopa, oh you know the underbite got me with him. I was SOLD when I seen that, not only because it is a for sure sign that they didn't give him proper UVB and supplements when growing but also because he matches O'Malley with the pouty lip :p

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
What color is torch considered? Are the males brighter than females or vice versa or no difference ? I never knew there were so many different colors!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
so cool looking, they look fake lol. Are they sharp or does it just look that way? lol

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What color is torch considered? Are the males brighter than females or vice versa or no difference ? I never knew there were so many different colors!
Gender doesn't play a role in color as much as size, males are bigger generally. Torch's color would be considered something in the lines of citrus with lavender bars but yes, there are MANY different colors.
so cool looking, they look fake lol. Are they sharp or does it just look that way? lol
No they aren't sharp, kinda rough feeling like a popcorn ceiling :p
I almost got one but I bailed. I still want one but I dont know of any local breeders. Someday!
Yours are so colorful! Awesome
I don't get from a local breeder or pet shop, :p
I ordered Torch from a breeder in Alabama and had him shipped to me.
You get better quality if you are willing to do it that way rather then limit yourself to just what is close. I am getting a female soon and when I do and she is of age to breed if my male and her end up having a clutch maybe we could work something out :D

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I just found a local breeder here in Massachusetts that breeds colors similar to Torch! She is expecting a clutch this spring from a beautiful orange/red/gold female.....I can't wait! :)

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
My goodness they are stunning, I've heard dragons can have quite the little personalities. They're on my list of considered future reptiles.

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My goodness they are stunning, I've heard dragons can have quite the little personalities. They're on my list of considered future reptiles.
personalities-- oh my word, YES!
I have owned 5 beardies and everyone has had extreme personality and they are all different.

for example-- torch adores baths and loves for me to dance with him in my hands (he head bobs)...and he HATES being woke up, he will literally look at you like you are satan and gape his mouth. lol.

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BTW: Torch is a Citrus Tiger Het Hypo

·
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Beautiful dragons! Reptiles are another passion of mine as well. I have a citrus beardie who's 5 1/2 yrs old now.
Would love to see pics :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts