Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody, its been a while since my last post and most of you know I was having problems with Oso mainly leash problems. I looked into a trainer and was able to find Dan Peralta (highly recommend him if you're in the bay area) he is a head collar user so its taking me a while to adjust to all the new changes but overall I'm happy with what I have learned and really gave me a different outlook on certain behavior problems. The walk since then has improved as well as how me and my gf approach and treat Oso, unfortunately it seems like Oso is leash aggressive and might need a lot more socializing and walks around busy areas to change that, I was even recommended to have Oso be part of the Dan 1 month camp which is for the more serious problems but obviously is more expensive and out of my budget atm. From what I have witnessed and learned while indoor Oso will bark at strangers but won't bite, outdoor he will bark and attempt to go towards them (pulling,jumping,etc) I am not sure why he does this but I usually just hold him back and have no slack on the leash at all. Due to the tension I put on the leash I make him more aggressive which I wasnt aware of till it was pointed out. It kinda sucks to see first hand the dog you raise CAN be aggressive and I am now determined to do the most I can do to stop these behaviors, not just for Oso but for the future as well. I would love Oso to be good around people and kids that he doesn't see on a daily basis and become a role model for the breed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts