Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know, the Patricks were raided in 2008 and had all dogs killed by the local AC under the auspices of HSUS, who brought this mess to our door in an attempt to count coup on APBT breeders so local sheriffs and prosecutors could say they got the "M. Vicks" of their locality, or something like that. They even posed for a photo on the HSUS site with the Az Attny Gen, the local head prosecutor, her top deputy prosecutor and the local top sheriff bragging that they were going to end dog fighting etc.Problem, there was no dog fighting We were raided with 5 Bradley tanks and SWAT and flash grenades and scared the hell out of the neighborhood. All dogs were seized along with our home,on the spot.I had to watch them allow Diane Jessup tell the local AC our dogs were unadoptable and should be all killed immediately, after she got her free ones, of course.They put her in the local paper as the Angel of "DEATH' is our name for her. She killed them all a year later and bragged about it. I think other than the donations and the publicity they were after the gene pool as they beleived that the Patrick dogs were among the best fighting dogs. They forgot one thing, dog fighting has been a felony since about 1976 and nobody dared to do it unless they had nothing to lose, like a home, or other real estate, or all thier money, or the very large investment into a legal kennel in a properly zoned area.When you require a contract and they cant register any dog without signing that contract, what more can you do? I have issues here with all these tests for these non working show dogs. I agree with the actual use of working dogs and you will find out in a hurry if they are sound. You dont need to fight a dog to ascertain that. Certain families of dogs show indications of the selective breeding that made the APBT what it is today. I dont care to elaborate. I am really sick of the show dog mentality that substitutes all this licensed breeder, tests etc for a dog that is a real, physically tough, tempermentally sound individual. Some of these show people have taken this to an extreme on these boards and criticized the old time true dog men for not doing things the way of these "new" dog people with their non working dogs that look like pit bulls but arent really. I have been reading these posts about this and even, on one board, was told a historical article from about 30 years ago showed that a real dog man should learn from these newbies with their useless blues and non working scatter bred whatevers that look like APBT. What an insult! I have also read Terrierman.com, who I agree with most of the time. He has some pretty good things to say about the pit bull lovers and haters. Its worth a read anyway. More of these dogs are killed by AC each year than all the other dogs combined. I blame the media for this.I also blame the media for all the ridiculous fantasies that abound about this breed. Well, I have covered enough ground for now. It just makes me sad that all these beatiful dogs had to die for some AR's agenda of hate and greed. If you have something to add here, that would be fine. I am posting late and not feeling like saying much more at this point.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
DAMN :goodpost: and thats all there is to say about that and i've been speaking of that show stuff for years.. Nothing more than ASTs at the end of it.. Leave the show atmosphere to the Bulldogs that branched away for that purpose, leave the APBT/Bulldog in the hands of those that can work them responsibly..

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
:goodpost: I agree 100%

1 - 4 of 4 Posts