Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this girl up from the pound April 14th. She had pups but they didn't know what the story was with them :(

She is 2 years 5 months now, weighed 54 pounds when I got her (a bit heavier now). No health problems except for a rash in her ears (presumably food allergy) which cleared up when I started her on the Purina Pro Plan food.

Really really good girl. Super funny and outgoing, good around kids and other animals (even my roommates turtles lol) which is awesome.

If you guys have any input on her breed, please chime in. The pound said american bulldog/staffy and after looking at Google images I would tend to agree as well.

Here she is, along with my other mutts.

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Awwww
Treat her good. Kudos to ya for adopting her. Welcome to the forum!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome! Great looking pups :) Word of advice since you want feed back ;) Get your dogs off that crappy Purina dog food. It is made with the worst ingredients being by-products, fillers, and corn. That food will not be doing any favors for a dog with potential allergies. I know you have a house full but if you look into a higher quality kibble they eat less because it has much more nutrients and poop less. I would look into a grain free food like taste of the wild. It is alot more affordable than some of the others out there and still much better quality than Purina.
Check this thread out
http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/3749-pet-food-rating-comparison-chart.html

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome! Great looking pups :) Word of advice since you want feed back ;) Get your dogs off that crappy Purina dog food. It is made with the worst ingredients being by-products, fillers, and corn. That food will not be doing any favors for a dog with potential allergies. I know you have a house full but if you look into a higher quality kibble they eat less because it has much more nutrients and poop less. I would look into a grain free food like taste of the wild. It is alot more affordable than some of the others out there and still much better quality than Purina.
Check this thread out
http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/3749-pet-food-rating-comparison-chart.html
thanks. this is the one i've been feeding her
Performance Formula - Products - Purina Pro Plan
her allergies have cleared right up, she has more energy, and is recomping nicely already. she's also gone from about 4 cups of food a day down to 2.5
what food would you recommend? The ProPlan on that link scored an A+

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
These are the first ingridients of the food that you are feeding:

Chicken, corn gluten meal, brewers rice, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), poultry by-product meal (natural source of glucosamine), whole grain corn, corn germ meal

Not enough meat sources and not enough quality meat sources besides the chicken. Poultry by product can be anything they didnt use, feet, beaks, feathers lol

Stay away from corn, brewere's rice or brewer's yeast or by products. These are all mediocre ingridients. You want to see at least in the first 4 ingridients all meats or quality ingridients.

Dog Food Analysis - Reviews of kibble look for 6 start rated foods.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts