Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All, a quick introduction of Holly & Juno. Both are rescues of unknown origin. Holly is about 3 and her DNA blood test shows Pitbull and Mastiff. Juno is about 5 months and is probably mostly pitbull, still waiting for her DNA breed test to come back. I don't put a whole lot of faith in the tests but they are interesting.

Holly has been with us since Easter and is really coming into her own as a great, gentle dog with an old soul. She was probably an outdoor dog as she wasn't house trained. She also has some scars on her front legs, either from being a bait dog or having to fight on the streets where she was found as a stray. Her conditioning has come a long way in a few months and she still has some more to go. I think her genetics are built to be thicker with more fat storage, and her longer fur will always cover up some definition. She is currently 65lb and has an incredibly gentle energy most of the time.

Juno is a kick-butt little girl who is down for anything. She came from a craigslist ad in October and loves everyone she meets. Her challenge is confidence around other dogs, but she is making progress She is currently 35lb at about 5 months. She is really smart and very sweet but does get into typical puppy trouble. Both of the girls have been crate trained from day one, best thing we've done.

More photos to follow in the photo section..

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Awwww cute looking girls! Welcome!

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
welcome to the yard! I think you'll fit in with the rest of the pack nicely. Great back story for your intro, as most people usually post with a question lol. If you have any questions, let us know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
welcome to the yard! I think you'll fit in with the rest of the pack nicely. Great back story for your intro, as most people usually post with a question lol. If you have any questions, let us know.
Thanks everyone! It's not my first go around with the breed, my last "lifetime" dog was Mazzy, a lab/pit mix who gave me 15 amazing years. Had to let her go in April, she was letting me know it was time to say goodbye. She was a challenge medically, going through a TPLO on each back knee, darthroplasty on one hip, a TPO on the other hip, and all of the other vet stuff that pitbull energy levels and mischief can do to a dog over the years. As a young dog she had the genetic issue of having the longer lab legs and bone structure mixed with the pitbull strength which put more stress on the joints than they could take. None of these ever slowed her down and she lived an amazing and active life. Hopefully I can share some of my experience with her issues with others here and answer questions too!

Mazzy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.