Go Pitbull Forums banner

My GSD dog x Pitbull Bitch Progress

17K views 59 replies 19 participants last post by  Katey 
#1 ·
Well first let me say hello to everyone. I have been reading an checking the site here for a a few weeks since I noticed all the idiots an bad moderators at a unnamed pitbull chat forums I previously used. I have got this beautiful 1/2 pit bull- 1/2 white german shepherd. Mother is a white/brown full blooded pit 50ish lbs lean. The father is the white shepherd that looked to weigh 75-80lbs lean.

I got him at 6 weeks which I know is to early, but I really did not have a choice if I wanted him. The owner was adopting him out an his 7 brothers an sisters at that age. So I clearly opted to take pick of the liter. The liter had very many mixed colors an looking puppies.. Some with long hair an some with short hair.. Well I picked the biggest, pushiest, ugliest one, which is a brindle short hair male with white feet an chest.

He is very intelligent an already fully house trained. Has never even pee'd in the house. Goes to the door an sits while whimpering until it can muster up a high pitched puppy yelp/bark.. haha.. I immediate leash him and take him outside.. Yes, He is 100% leash trained as well. Even sits upon hearing the word leash so I can put and remove it from him. He loves to play. He is a classic tugging/pulling on rope kind of dog that is for sure. He also loves just cuddling an being a lap dog.

I posted some random pics of him that I have been taking with my phone since I have had him. Sorry about the crappy quality of the images. I used my camera on my phone an it takes like 5 seconds to actually capture a image so none of them come out the best. Enjoy and feel free to comment!!

Tiger 6 weeks an around 4- 6 lbs

Tiger 9 weeks an 13lbs

Tiger 12 weeks an 24.5lbs

Tiger 14 weeks Vet weighed him at 28.5lbs

Tiger 15 weeks 2 days an 31lbs

Tiger 16 weeks 3 days vet weighed him at 37.5lbs

Tiger 19 weeks an 44lbs

Tiger 22 weeks an 52lbs

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Thx!!

Welcome to the forum!! He is a doll but I have to laugh when you say he is half white GSD LOL! He doesn't look the part.....I see more of the bully than anything. He is adorable though and as long as you love him and care for him then who cares what he is ;) Precious!!
lol.. Yeah everyone says that.. It's amazing how mixes turn out and he is just 1/3 of the way grown. No telling how he will end up but I plan on updating as he grows. xD

Edit -- A bit of added info so you can get a true idea of his current size. He is going to be a big boy.

Age 22 weeks
Withers/Height: 21 inches
Neck: 17 1/2 inches
Weight: 52lbs

He is actually going to be 24 weeks at the end of the week.. I will try to get a pic and measurement up then as well..

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum!! He is a doll but I have to laugh when you say he is half white GSD LOL! He doesn't look the part.....I see more of the bully than anything. He is adorable though and as long as you love him and care for him then who cares what he is ;) Precious!!

#7 ·
Hey guys I promised an update an here it is.. More to come in a week or two.

Tiger is 23 weeks and 6 days old.. 61lbs this morning after walk and poop.

Hot chick in image is my woman.

#9 ·
Lol, he's frikkin' adorable!! Love the ears!

I have a mix half french bulldog/half american eskimo...known breeds for a fact, his mom and dad were both AKC champions. They were being housed at the breeder/handlers house, and had a mismate. The breeder wanted us to euthanize them if they looked like mixes when we did the c-section, but we convinced her to let us hand raise them and place them in homes. Of course, we each kept one, so the whole litter was placed!

My guys brother has the eskimo build and personality, and my pup Benny is built like a bully...with frenchie ears!

Please definitely stick around...there are some incredibly knowledgeable people here!! Welcome!

#11 ·
Thx!

Haha, and yeah you never know how the pups will turn out in a mixed batched always a treat to get to see more than one mature.. xD

Omg I am in live with tiger at 12 weeks. I'm a sucker for a head cock. Sooo cute!
That is what she said.. :angeldevi and thank you!!!

#10 ·
Omg I am in live with tiger at 12 weeks. I'm a sucker for a head cock. Sooo cute!

#13 ·
Thx!!

Everyone always says cute pup.. :) Which is nice.. But he is really going to be a beast of a dog. :p

My significant other is worried about how big he is already.. lawl.. The funny an best part of all is when I pick him up an cradle all 61 lbs of him like a little pup. I told her that wait til he is 18 months and 80+ lbs and I am cradling him like a little baby. ;) Haha, he did start out as my little bundle of joy!

#14 ·
Time for a update. Tiger is 27 weeks old or 6months 1 week. He is currently up to 66.5 lbs. Seems to be slowing down in the weight gaining department as well. Which is actually nice to see at this point :).

#17 ·
New Pics and quick update on Tiger. He is doing well as always. Great dog! He is 7 months old in these pics and 75+ lbs.

#20 ·
Hey, Thanks!!

Yeah, he is really putting the lbs on.. Still looks a bit puppish in his figure...lol. He eats like a damn horse.

#21 ·
Oh yeah in reference to him eating like a horse..........$$

1 1/2 cup tow 1 raw egg brown

Snacks mid day fresh pineapple about 3/4inch slice with hard center and 2 pieces dried beef 1inch by like 4-5inches

2 1/2 cups tow and 2 talapia fillets raw an given frozen

That is just what he ate today. I always give him raw meat or boiled chicken /w the broth in the evening and 5 times a week in the morning in place of the egg. His snacks seem to vary but I try to make sure he gets pineapple 4 times a week or more. He only poops twice daily. Once after or during the morning walk and once at night. And I am currently walking him 3 times a day for 35mins each walk 5 days a week which totals to 6 miles a day. Swims on off days if its sunny outside.

#23 ·
Thx! He really goes through the big head then little body and small head little body constantly.. He still has that wide pitbull sized head and the body size an ears of a GSD but the body physic of the pitbull as well so he seems he will be slightly heavier than his GSD sire if he grows much bigger.

#24 · (Edited)
Wow.. Actually I just went over some GSD growth and weight charts and he is well over what a male GSD weighs an much taller at his age....... Looks like he is going to be a 100lbs giant at this rate..:roll:

Edit: And the sad part is I no longer can allow him to play with his old buddy.. This 120 lbs female Great Dane. He just plays to rough now. Not ever biting he never does that. It's the pushing that worries me.. He is so strong now and knocks that Great Dane around an to the ground with his head and chest so hard I fear the Great Dane is gonna break a leg or two an not to mention a rib.

#25 ·
I am at a total loss now on how to judge his mature weight as none of the standards are holding true thus far..... At 4 months he was 37.5lbs and now at 7 months he is tipping the scales at 75-76lbs not far from his sires weight. I suppose only time will tell... And lol.....I promised the wife he would not be bigger than a GSD and he is actually as big a fully grown male GSD now.... Must of been the sheep milk he had from 6-9 weeks.

#26 ·
Another update on tiger with pics.. He is doing very well. Super strong an intelligent dog for his age so far imo.. Enjoy the images!! And he can hold both ears up straight... Just he is a bit lazy about raising the left one all the way.. Working on that issue.. But whatever.. Its just character...lol

Gene Simmons Pose 7 months 1 week 78lbs

Over Head 7 months 1 week 78lbs

Left Side 7months 1 week 78lbs

Right Side 7months 1 week 78lbs

Reactions: MSK
#27 ·
Nice looking dog, def will be interesting to,see how he looks fully mature. My Killa does that one up one down with her ears when she's tired too. :)

#29 ·
Thx... And yeah I can't wait to see what he looks like at full maturity as well. It's been going by fairly fast though. He will be there in no time..lol.. My dog is just lazy about his ears or just has poor control of that left one right now.. Maybe it will get better as he ages... Either way it's all good. :)

So cute! I can kinda see the shepherd in his face from the side.
Yeah he definitely has both character traits in many aspects.. Here is a better face shot up close an personal.. lol.. He scares the shit out of anyone that does not know him..lol

Around 7 months 2 weeks Faceshot

#30 ·

7 months 2 1/2 weeks

Wife thinks he is so adorable while he is sleeping an wanted me to share this picture an she is making me post it here... lol.. Enjoy!!

#31 ·
He is probably going to end up taking most of his mommy's features. Maybe top out around 60-70 lbs .

He looks like he is going to be tall. When Bruce truned 5 month he was 50 lbs and shorter than your boy. So he might look like the mom but with the height of the dad.

Cute pup.

#35 ·
Another update on tiger with some images to share. He is 7 months 3 weeks and 80.5lbs. Enjoy!

Sitting an wagging his tail 7 months 3 weeks 80.5 lbs

Standing 7 months 3 weeks 80.5 lbs

Eyes glow green when exposed to direct light

#37 ·
lol.. Well all I can say really is that he definitely has both character traits as far his mind set goes.. He is super intelligent and learns everything in 1 or 2 tries, however since he is so strong willed like the apbt's tend to be he may not always do as he is told on the first command attempt unless it's something he wants or likes to do.. Don't really feel like posting all his learned commands, but he is over the 40 mark atm.. He is at the rambunctious age right now, so on occasions he will test my patients a bit. But nothing to extreme for an intact male.

#38 ·
Tiger 8 months an about 3 weeks.. Weight is 84+ lbs. Wife needs the pronged collar to walk him these days.. I do not have any issues without one, but he sure has been more keen on commands when he is wearing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.