Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I feel i should give some back story. My dog Diddy at about a year old fell out of the car window. She suffered from a severe concussion, bruised, and cut up all over her body, i rushed her to Med Vet and they did what they could to stabilize her. Then it was just up to me to help her eat, relieve herself, drink, take meds, etc. The vets said it would take a miracle or she wont make it. Months of bed rest and never leaving her side Ive done all i can do so now its her turn. She wants to walk. Rolling her paws with every step but she does it. Fast forward to now you would never guess it happened to her my almost two year old spunky purple nose daughter. I feel as if i stripped her of her puppy hood and feel bad everyday but she still loves.:love2:
I wouldn't trade her for any dog or person in the world. She still rolls her paws and has an odd gait to her walk. Would x-rays or scans benefit after some time?
I want to help her as much as possible.

Fast Forward to present day, Currently Diddy is experiencing terrible allergy's and i have no idea what else i can do. Went to the vet he gave her a cortisone shot and it hardly lasted the 2 weeks. She is right back to scratching, chewing excessively, and has puffy, crusty, mucus-y eyes (white and green) . I wipe her down after outside time, give baths, and allergy pills. Nothing works!

Someone please help my angel.
Thank you for reading our story.

·
Banned
171 Posts
If you're talking about a dog and not a person it probably has grain allergies. Blue mutts("pits" aren't blue) have allergies a lot. Years of "fantastic breeding by experts" is to blame.... If you're using a shampoo with oatmeal you're bathing her in a grain based shampoo and it wouldn't help the allergies only make them worse.

If you're talking about your daughter(a human) I have no idea as to what would help.

·
Banned
171 Posts
I didnt know once you started talking about "your daughter".

Anyway, switch the dog to a grain free food, and use blue dawn dish soap instead of pet shampoos. Try all free and clear detergent on any blankets and whatnot it will come in contact with. If it's not some weird environmental allergy it should clear it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts