Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
such a cutie , i just want to snuggle him. love the markings.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cute puppy!Is he still with the breeder or at home with you?What a cutie!
got him last night from the breeder, this was his 1st night at home with me :D... i just have to take him back on the 28th so the breeder can take him to his final check up at the vet, and after that its all gravy from there

·
Registered
776 Posts
5 weeks is way too young ... about half of what i like to see . A responsible breeder inho would hold a pup till 8 weeks at least barring some kinda reason the pup had to be removed

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well actually the breeder is a very close friend of mine, and i would assume the reason he let me have it so soon was he is always having trouble with thiefs is his neighborhood. dont get me wrong he has his dogs well taken care of and in nice very clean kennels, but since we work in the oilfield it never fails he is always getting robbed. thats just what i think not sure. he has a worker that goes takes care of the dogs while he is away, but he leaves around 9 pm so.... yeah

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
well actually the breeder is a very close friend of mine, and i would assume the reason he let me have it so soon was he is always having trouble with thiefs is his neighborhood. dont get me wrong he has his dogs well taken care of and in nice very clean kennels, but since we work in the oilfield it never fails he is always getting robbed. thats just what i think not sure. he has a worker that goes takes care of the dogs while he is away, but he leaves around 9 pm so.... yeah
Not to take this thread from original direction but if crime is that bad where he lives he shouldn't be breeding if he has to resort to homing the pups that early.. Its a critical stage between bitch and pups and 5 weeks is WAY too young to pull them from the mother.. I've never brought home a pup under 12 weeks.

He may have well taken cared of dogs in terms of clean kennels, proper diet and exercise but if he can't safely house pups until of proper age to home than that says volumes.

Not all of us live in the best of places here, some live in excellent communities others live in not so great places.. Not knocking where anyone lives as not everyone can afford right now to just pick up and leave where they are however...

·
Gotta Love Them Red Dogs!
487 Posts
:goodpost:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not to take this thread from original direction but if crime is that bad where he lives he shouldn't be breeding if he has to resort to homing the pups that early.. Its a critical stage between bitch and pups and 5 weeks is WAY too young to pull them from the mother.. I've never brought home a pup under 12 weeks.

He may have well taken cared of dogs in terms of clean kennels, proper diet and exercise but if he can't safely house pups until of proper age to home than that says volumes.

Not all of us live in the best of places here, some live in excellent communities others live in not so great places.. Not knocking where anyone lives as not everyone can afford right now to just pick up and leave where they are however...
i know exactly what your saying, i was just given the option - take him now, or wait and see if he is still around. you know what i mean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts