Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my new blue pit, she will be 9wks in four days, she is super sweet and loves to sleep and play, the only thing is she seems to take to my GF better then me, but i want her to know im her master, i walk her, feed her, play with her,etc. but all my GF has to do is call her name and she gets really excited and when i call her name shes a bit hesitant...ive had pits all my life and this is the first time this has happened, am i doing something wrong? and how do i let her know that im her master?

·
Banned
283 Posts
It might be the tone you are using. Does your girlfriend use a sweet Baby Talk tone when talking to the dog? Both my females respond to me better than my husband because he thinks his voice must be projected in a way that makes him feel like he's in charge.

oh and by the way...

We <3 Pics!! lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea she does use a baby tone, but because i never had too with my other pits i didnt think that was why, b ut it makes sense

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
yeah post some puppy pics!!! lol and welcome :)

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Just so you know you don't have an APBT but rather an American Bully or cross. Do you know the bloodline(s)?
Also, whoever feeds, exercises, etc the pup will be the one the pup sees as an authority figure. If the pup is hesitant right now, try adjusting yourself to a lighter tone as the pup may respond to "softer" treatment vs "harder" in terms of training, exercising, etc.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i always thought she was bully because of her such wide chest and she is not too tall, i dont know her bloodlines, but im familiar with pits so i thought she was bully and razor edge...and thanks alot, i appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
she isnt necissarily an american bully , if you dont know the bloodlines you cant really tell,could be a mix for all we know . you could classify her as a bully breed though if you dont have papers to properly know, she does look bully breed atleast. She is cute though.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
she isnt necissarily an american bully , if you dont know the bloodlines you cant really tell,could be a mix for all we know . you could classify her as a bully breed though if you dont have papers to properly know, she does look bully breed atleast. She is cute though.
Thats why i said Bully or cross ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
welcome, one pic is not good enough, we need more. That is a beautiful pup.

·
Super Moderator
4,561 Posts
I absolutely LOVE her ticking, and such a sweet face.
Welcome to GP. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like the look on her face in the second pic there. She looks like she is looking for something to get in trouble with.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts