Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went back to Verizon after Sprint :mad::mad::mad: me over on my bill and said I owed them $1000. Oh, sorry, $1,008.

Yeah, you read that right.

I'd realized the other day I hadn't heard anything from Sprint in a while (my phone was on a seasonal shut-off, which means my account was temporarily suspended for 6 months, but they usually send me a bill of $25 or whatever every month as the standard fee) and looked my bill up online. I nearly fainted.

Immediately called them up, and they said, and I quote, "Sorry, there's nothing we can do. We've already cancelled your account and sent it to collections."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!

Ugh. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush:

I was like, "How do you cancel someone's account and send it straight to collections without trying to contact the person?? I haven't heard anything from you guys in MONTHS."

"Sorry, there's nothing we can do."

THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH ANGRY WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW ANGRY I WAS. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

So, I called the collections agency, told them I disputed the claim, and we'll see what happens.

But I went online to look up phones from Verizon, who I was previously with. I'd NEVER had a problem with them. Great service, great coverage, great plans, a little bit expensive but worth it for the coverage.

I ordered a plain old LG env3 ("certified pre-owned", lol) that was free, and they waived the activation fee until my first bill. I got unlimited everything except minutes, because I'm always texting and posting pictures to FB. I hate calling on phones because I sound like I'm 12, lol.

I can't wait until it comes tomorrow!!! It'll feel so good to be connected again, LOL.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
i've used to work for a call center on "behalf" of verizon. they're service is pretty good personally im an att fan. if you have problems with reception at any point in your service *228 its a perfered roaming list update it'll ussually will save you having to call customer service. also be nice to customer care they have to take peoples :poop: all day :p from my experience the nicer they are the more they get helped if some body had a bad attitude then they'd get cold service. but yay new phone

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I work retail as a supervisor at a local grocery store, handling the customer service desk. Trust me, I know all about being nice to people who are just doing their jobs. LOL.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Yay! Congrats to you on your new phone. Sucks about Sprint though. I got a Nokia E71 at Wal Mart and have the unlimited Straight Talk plan for $45 a month. I have no issues with it. My current phone (the E71) runs off of AT&Ts towers, but my old phone was a Samsung (the kind that slides up sideways for a full keyboard) and it ran off of Verizon's towers. Anywho, I'm perfectly happy with my prepaid plan. It suits my needs.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
was your samsung also on straight talk?

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
was your samsung also on straight talk?
Yes it was. I still have it, I just don't use it lol. Nothing wrong with it. I put it back in the package I got it in, and it's just sitting. Actually has a new battery because my baby girl (my child) peed on it one night about 8 months ago.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, thanks. I've got it under an unlimited everything plan except minutes. I only have 450 minutes cause I hate talking on the phone. I sound like I'm twelve.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Lol, I hate talking on the phone too. I text more than I actually talk on the phone.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
i was just asking because at verizon they started preping us to take straight talk calls when i still worked there. but nokias ussually run on gsm att and tmobile. anyways i text more than i talk to its easier

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Yeah, my Nokia does run off AT&T towers. I found out by sending a pic message from my phone to my email lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts