Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if it's ok to show her off here since she wasn't a pitbull or not,but I couldn't find anything in the rules or forum description that said non bully breeds or mixes weren't allowed.

So, here is my old boxer Roxie that I used to have before she passed away at 13 years old :

Her posing for the camera and looking pitifully cute to try and beg me to let her out of the gated room which we had her in because my aunt was cleaning the house:

Her sitting in the living room which we finally let her into after being finished cleaning it:

Her performing a trick my uncle taught her of holding the treat on her nose until he told her it was ok to eat it:

Her doing her goofy scent-marking roll to mark the house as her territory,but here I think she was just doing it to get attention because she realized every time I saw her doing it because I thought it was adorable, I would yell "Awww! Good girl!" and rub her belly and pet her and reward for her for doing it

·
Gotta Love Them Red Dogs!
487 Posts
She was a very pretty girl.
Made me tear up a bit.
2 1/2 years ago I had to make the hardest decision of my life when I put my boxer of 16 years to sleep. He grew up with me and to see him go was not a easy matter. He battled cancer since he was 10 and also had hip issues. I miss him everyday but I know he is in a better place.

This was my boy;
Dryfus
lovingly nicknamed "half moon cookie"

He was a 115lb german import that my dad got as a trade for a racing 4 wheeler when I was just 4 years old. They just don't seem to make em like that anymore.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Awww what a sweet looking girl.I'm so sorry for your loss.
Of course we allow people to share pics of all kinds of dogs.We love all dogs here.Please feel free to share many more

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone.

@Rednose: I am sorry for your loss. He looked like a very sweet dog. That's pretty amazing he lived until 16. Do german boxers live that long normally? I read they have longer life spans than american bred boxers somewhere. My Roxie was an american bred boxer,but she lived quite a bit longer than the normal american bred boxer life span which is usually only about 8 to 9 years. May I ask why he was called "half moon cookie"? That's an interesting nickname. My Roxie was just nicknamed "Cutie Roxie" or "Cutie" for short. Also, I didn't realize how different german boxers look from american ones. His face reminds me alot of a gaint boston terrier. I know how you feel. I had to put my Roxie down when she was 13 for unknown health reasons. She just suddenly couldn't stand up one day after being fine the day before. It was very baffling. I still think about her sometimes,but it's been long enough that mostly I just have fond memories of her and I don't cry as much unless I think about the day I had to put her to sleep.

@dixie: Thank you. Yes. She was extremely sweet. When my cousin was a baby, he bit her on the butt one time and all she did was turn around to see what bit her on the butt and when she saw that it was just him,she just put her head right back down and went back to sleep. Didn't even bite or growl at him or anything. I'll try to see if I can find some of my other pictures on my old computer. Oh, ok I wasn't sure if it was ok,but thanks for letting me know. And thank for your sympathys.

@Mamatank:Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
awwww such a cute pup, so sorry must be so hard to have that happen. those eye on her she must have gotten anything she asked for huh! sooo sweet.

Dryfus was cute too :) so sad when a pet passes on, I am so nervous I have not lost a pet in 18 years and I am still not over that pup.

·
Gotta Love Them Red Dogs!
487 Posts
@Rednose: I am sorry for your loss. He looked like a very sweet dog. That's pretty amazing he lived until 16. Do german boxers live that long normally? I read they have longer life spans than american bred boxers somewhere. My Roxie was an american bred boxer,but she lived quite a bit longer than the normal american bred boxer life span which is usually only about 8 to 9 years. May I ask why he was called "half moon cookie"? That's an interesting nickname. My Roxie was just nicknamed "Cutie Roxie" or "Cutie" for short. Also, I didn't realize how different german boxers look from american ones. His face reminds me alot of a gaint boston terrier. I know how you feel. I had to put my Roxie down when she was 13 for unknown health reasons. She just suddenly couldn't stand up one day after being fine the day before. It was very baffling. I still think about her sometimes,but it's been long enough that mostly I just have fond memories of her and I don't cry as much unless I think about the day I had to put her to sleep.
German Boxers life spans are generally aroun 10-11 years. They overall are just a bigger boned and more stocky Boxer. :)
As far as his nickname, he was called Half Moon Cookie because half his face was pure white and half was brindle/mask.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awwww such a cute pup, so sorry must be so hard to have that happen. those eye on her she must have gotten anything she asked for huh! sooo sweet.

Dryfus was cute too :) so sad when a pet passes on, I am so nervous I have not lost a pet in 18 years and I am still not over that pup.
Thank you. She was really cute. It was hard,but really what in life isn't? Oh yeah. You have no idea. She was so good at weaseling her way out of trouble. One time I made the mistake of not closing the bathroom door and she had a thing for tissue paper. Well,needless to say, in spite of the fact that my house looked like it snowed, I don't think I stayed mad at her for more than 5 minutes at most(five minutes after cleaning the house that is. Lol. XD). Those cute litte eyes and face were good at melting away any anger I had at her. The tissue paper was just the tip of the iceberg. One time she stole a steak off the counter. I was more strict with her then(not in a psyical way though of course. Just a stern voice and later giving her the silent treatment and ignoring her),but less than an hour later she managed to get me to laugh at the whole incident. She was such a smart dog with a mind of her own, hard to stay mad at, and I loved her alot in spite of all her quirks, including the disturbing one where she'd bring dead birds in from the backyard. I couldn't really keep her with birds or small dogs or any kind of small animals really,but she did fine with dogs around her own size and was great with people. She was by no means vicious though. Just had a high prey drive. That's why my aunt got rid of her and gave her to me and my other aunt because she attacked the small dog they had and they were going to have her put down because of it,but lucky for me, my other aunt chimed in and took her instead. And then, when I moved in with my aunt, Roxie became my dog too. Roxie was so full of personality.

I am sorry about your pup. I wouldn't worry too much about your current dogs. You'll know when it's time for them to go,but waiting for it and dreading it will only make you stress out. Enjoy the time you have left with any older dogs you have and make the most of it. Really, alot of people think they need to think about "that day" to be prepared for it,but the truth is you're never really prepared so there's no sense thinking and worrying about it.

German Boxers life spans are generally aroun 10-11 years. They overall are just a bigger boned and more stocky Boxer. :)
As far as his nickname, he was called Half Moon Cookie because half his face was pure white and half was brindle/mask.
Oh. Ok. I wondered about that. I knew they were supposed to be healthier and live longer,but I wasn't sure how much longer. Oh. Ok. Makes them look really cute like gaint boston terriers. Lol. XD Oh. That makes sense then. Cute nickname. ^^ Would love to see more pictures of him if you have them. I wouldn't mind if you posted them in this thread too. I'm not greedy. I'll willing to share my threads. XD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts