Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks all.

he is an adopted boy, suffers from separation anxiety( you should hear what he has done in previous homes.. ) and as a dilute has CDA ( color dilution alopecia), no one else wanted him, I needed a dobe, and the rest will be history. :)

here is another headshot I really like.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
You take great pictures of your crew! He is a handsome boy :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks.

I recently got a canon rebel, first camera I have ever used other than those point and shoots.

I now have a new hobby. :)

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
The separation anxiety, that's what his intense gaze is about. And I do like him,
As much time as I spend with my dogs, I should adopt one. I'm like literally with my dog now about 22 hrs. A day.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you know, if Chuck had of been my first dobe, I would have never got another.

the separation anxiety is difficult as it had 2 1/2 years to set in before he came here.

but as I am home almost 24-7 and know the breed well, I figured we could work it out and we have.

he is a nut dog and I like him and he likes me. :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
thanks bella.

Chuck is quite the dog, a bit wired at times but other times, he is a gentle soul.

he LOVES playing with his rope. :)

and chasing bees..........

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
I keep goin back to his muzzle and the skull size. He looks more defined and seems larger than other Dobes I've seen. I was raised up near A breeder that had several and he always seemed to want to get A larger stouter muzzle. Chuck seems to have A good sized front portion.
I'm no expert, I'm looking at things I like personally. I always have been A cheering section midget for the throw aways.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bella Blu, no one else wanted Charlie as he suffers from separation anxiety and his prey drive is VERY strong, he would go nuts chasing things from window to window in his last home, husband's cats had to move out as Chuck would not stop hunting them, he had chewed through every kind of crate know to mankind, eaten window sills, doors, curtains, couches, interiors of cars, etc.

Chuck has been here for a year now and I can trust him around my chickens and ducks, he and they wander amongst each other all he time here. :)

The Goats are still of TOO much interest to Chuck to trust him around them, but we are working on it.

surfer, I read the ww stories. :)

ww, Chuck is a nice, standard, sound, balanced dog, no one part stands out over any other. You are right about his muzzle, it has good length and depth. He is about 27 1/4 inches tall and about 78 pounds.

I showed and bred dobes for over 30 years. last litter is just over 7 years old now, I will not breed again. getting to an age where I do not know how much longer I can be responsible for any more dogs bred by me. Breeding dogs is a BIG responsibility.

good morning gopitbull. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts