Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I acquired Raider from a friend. He informed me that he was full blooded apbt, well after educating myself on the breed, I'm sure he is a bully of some sort. Wether amstaff or ambully I'm currently trying to get papers from the breeder who told my buddy ( whom originally purchased the 2 pups from him, he kept one and gave raider to me) that he had to "send off for the papers. Well long story short. My buddy said he saw the sire and dam in person. Both of whom are supposed to be registered. Well after getting impatient I'm trying to do some research myself. Here is raiders father ...... ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [216217] :: WOODSON'S FAUCEE BOY. And I'm currently trying to get the registered name of the mother. I guess my questions are....it seems like the sire is a bully of course. But why is he registered as an apbt with adba? Is adba just a joke? Also, if I know the sire/dams registered names... Can I get raiders papers myself? It just seems like this backyard breeder is giving my buddy the run around. Educate me on this please. Also take a look at the sire and tell me what kind of dog he is and bloodline??? He is faucee boy from Missouri. Here is raider btw. He is 12 weeks old.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
The ADBA is not a joke. It is a highly respected registry that has been around a very long time. The only way you will get papers on the dog is if the owner of the damn sent off for a litter registration with whatever registry the sire and damn are registered with. They would in turn give the puppy registration to you for you to fill out and send your money in and then they will send you the papers for your dog-- this is how we do it in the ABKC, I'm not particularly familiar with how the ADBA does it.

It doesn't sound like you will get the papers because these people obviously have no clue.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the guy is very fishy acting. Also, what If the sire is registered through adba and the dam is with ukc. Is it possible for the puppies to get papers even though the parents are with 2 different organizations?

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Yea the guy is very fishy acting. Also, what If the sire is registered through adba and the dam is with ukc. Is it possible for the puppies to get papers even though the parents are with 2 different organizations?
Nope.... one must also be registered with the other ones registry.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Merely as a guess, How do you KNOW, that dog is the sire?

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
The ADBA is not a joke. It's the people who hang papers that are the joke. The bullies of today at one point long long ago started with AmStaffs and AmStaffs came from the Amercian Pit Bull Terrier. AmStaffs are often registered with AKC as AmStaffs and with the UKC and ADBA as American Pit bull terriers, simply because that is where they started but ADBA papers are really pointless for an Amstaff or an American Bully as their conformation is different from the ADBA standard - which is written for American Pit Bull Terriers. That is why looking at the bloodlines of the dog will determine the breed. The papers are only as good as the one signing them. That is why trust is so important.

For American Bullies the registery you want is ABKC
For American Pit Bull Terriers you want ADBA (and some can compete in UKC)
For American Staffordshires you want AKC (and UKC even though in UKC they will be registered as APBTs)

As you can see its a big mess.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
FYI the father is NOT a bully but, a pitter staff and is mostly AmStaff. Okay so I haven't heard from Ryan in a few years and his number has changed I'll email him but, last we talked he was going through a divorce so I'd say this is most likely a stud out situation.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Merely as a guess, How do you KNOW, that dog is the sire?
I know 100% that faucee boy is the sire. The sire/dam were on premesis and he showed my buddy mating pics. I'm currently trying to get more information on the dam of which is supposed to be registered with ukc.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
FYI the father is NOT a bully but, a pitter staff and is mostly AmStaff. Okay so I haven't heard from Ryan in a few years and his number has changed I'll email him but, last we talked he was going through a divorce so I'd say this is most likely a stud out situation.
Thankyou for the info on his breed. I'm new to this, but I do know that Ryan Woodson sold faucee boy to this guy out of Mississippi. Which in turn bred faucee boy with this all blue ukc female. Now this is where Raider comes in. Does anyone know if in fact I do get the mothers registered name, is there any way I can do some type of single registration, or anything? Then I will be able to prove 4 generations. This is all a little confusing to me so sorry for all the questions.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
If Ryan sold that boy then he is out of the dogs I'm not sure if I could get anymore info for you. But, I do know if Faucee is only ADBA and the female is only UKC that they will have to reg the female with ADBA to get papers on the pup.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will say that the pictures my buddy showed me of faucee in his yard, he is up there in age. I'm guessing close to 8 yrs old. But still a good looking dog. I'm under the impression that he sold faucee to this guy for hog hunting a few years back. Maybe he was in a tough situation financially? Thanks for the info though

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
It's all good, I'm not giving in and commenting -- that is how threads get derailed...not giving into the temptation :p and carrying on the nonsense. Dreamer can PM me if he/she wants to carry on this conversation, or start a new thread of his/her own.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts